The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City
Why We Love It
- The 5-star, Art Deco property is a Manhattan landmark
- It's in the middle of the theater district, but feels like a quiet hideaway
- Food Network chef, Geoffrey Zakarian, runs the restaurant
- The rooms are plush and have a private bar
"The hotel's intimate dining establishment has played host to a long list of celebrities" -- U.S. News & World Report
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Ranked the No. 3 hotel in the United States by Conde Nast Traveler readers in 2018, The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel is a quiet hideaway, two blocks from busy Times Square. It occupies a neo-Georgian building that was once the clubhouse of The Lambs (the lauded entertainers club, which counted Charlie Chaplin and Fred Astaire as members).
The Red Door Spa "offers an endless list of luxuries and keeps true to the essence of the Elizabeth Arden brand" (Gayot). With special treatments like the 'In a New York Minute' facial -- and a butler on-hand to cater to whims and needs, the experience for spa-goers here is quite unparalleled.
The location is ideal for sightseeing, four blocks from Rockefeller Center and 15 minutes on foot from the Empire State Building, and there are six subway lines within a two-block radius.
Celebrity chef Geoffrey Zakarian runs the restaurant, serving top-notch modern American dishes such as Long Island duck with huckleberries and coffee molé, and The Lambs Club Bar hosts regular jazz nights.
Art Deco-style rooms are sophisticated with suede-covered walls and trunk-style cabinets. You'll find private bars -- complete with bespoke cocktail sets and menus -- as well as copies of The Great Gatsby and backgammon sets in every room, and some rooms have terraces with under-floor heating. A nightly turndown service supplies bottled water and a free shoeshining service.
- "A sleek 76-room hotel with Art Deco lines and ocean liner-inspired fittings that hark back to travel’s bygone eras" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "A lavishly refurbished reincarnation of a classic Manhattan theater club" -- Fodor's
- "This historical Luxury Collection hotel prides itself on blending art deco accents with modern-day accouterments" -- U.S. News & World Report
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request free of charge for children under 3. No extra bed available.
Pets: Small dogs are allowed on request and will incur an extra $200 charge + tax per stay on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.