Bailbrook House Hotel
Why We Love It
- This Grade II-listed manor is perched on a hilltop and set in 20 acres of parkland
- It holds four AA Silver Stars and underwent a £10 million makeover in 2013
- The restaurant has vaulted ceilings and holds two AA Rosettes
- This hotel is "perfectly placed" (The AA), 15 minutes' drive from the attractions of Bath
"The Mansion House was designed by one of Bath's leading Georgian architects, and is splendid" -- The Daily Telegraph
98% (164 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A £10 million renovation in 2013 has brought much attention to Bailbrook House Hotel -- a Grade II-listed Georgian mansion built by renowned architect John Eveleigh in the 1790s, and nestled in manicured gardens on the outskirts of Bath. The property boasts country and city vistas, a laid-back atmosphere and a honey-stone façade.
After you arrive, there's no need to drive to explore. The city centre, home to the Roman Baths, The Pump Room and the Royal Crescent, is within a 15-minute taxi ride. There is also a regular bus service into town (the bus stop is 500 metres from the hotel), or you can embark on the pleasant hour-long stroll along the Kennett and Avon Canal. Return to a traditional afternoon tea served on the terrace or in one of the three Royal Lounges.
"The Cloisters Restaurant offers romantic, high-end dining, and staff are on the ball," according to The Daily Telegraph. The restaurant holds two AA Rosettes, and is in the vaulted cellars of the manor house. The Conservatory Bar is a lovely spot for a snack during the day or for an after-dinner nightcap, and the Lansdown Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast each morning. There is also a small gym on site.
Executive Rooms are in the modern annex adjacent to the mansion house, and have blackout drapes, comfy armchairs, in-room temperature controls and showers over bathtubs. Wi-Fi is free.
- "The hotel stands at the top of a long, winding drive, and has pleasant views over sloping lawns and mature trees down the Avon Valley, with Bath visible in the distance" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Bailbrook House "offers superior accommodation, ideally situated on the edge of Bath, set in attractive grounds with ample parking" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2017
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib and extra bed available on request free of charge in the Classic Rooms for children aged 12 and under
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: A two-night minimum stay may apply during specific times of the year.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(164 Member reviews)