$175 – Austin: 'Texas's Best Hotel' Stay w/Upgrade & Valet
Plug in to Austin's vibrant downtown with a stay in Texas's Best Hotel (Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, 2017). The stylish property offers some of the city's best views and puts guests within walking distance of the backyard-style bars and restaurants that locals frequent on Rainey Street.
- £150 per night ... 510-square-foot Spa King room with sitting area and oversized soaking tub (reg. £300 per night)
- The best value is the Spa King room (a 4-level upgrade) but if you’re looking to spend a little less, Deluxe rooms start at £129
- Other room types and surrounding dates also discounted
- Waived valet parking for one vehicle (£31 daily value)
- 2-night minimum stay required
"Oozes Kimpton sophistication" -- Travel + Leisure
Why We Love It
- Hip hotel within walking distance of Austin's world-famous live music
- Free bikes available to explore downtown and the adjacent Lady Bird Lake
- On-site restaurant features nightly live music from local artists
- Pets of all sizes and breeds stay free
Opened in December 2015, this new downtown boutique hotel gives guest a front-row seat for Austin’s world-famous live music scene. Located in the Historic Rainey Street District, Hotel Van Zandt is a short walk to Moody Theater, home of Austin City Limits, and overlooks Lady Bird Lake.
Designed with sophisticated clean lines and neutral color palette, the hotel has rough-around-the-edges accents like worn-leather couches and a wood-burning fireplace that keep the common areas comfortable and inviting. Rooms offer views of downtown Austin or Lady Bird Lake and are decorated with dark woods, crisp white linens and brushed bronzes. Tech-savvy rooms keep travelers connected with free Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speakers.
Like other Kimpton properties, the Hotel Van Zandt is known for “over-the-top pet friendliness,” says Southern Living. Man’s best friend is invited to stay at the hotel, no matter the size, breed or weight. Furry guests are welcomed with a bed, bowls, and the concierge-curated list of nearby pet-friendly restaurants, parks and groomers.
Soak up the Texas sun from a poolside cabana looking out over Lady Bird Lake. The Pool Deck serves up cocktails, craft brews, pressed juices, and local fare for brunch and lunch. After the sun goes down, the party heats up with live music 365 days of the year at Geraldine’s. The fourth-floor space affords almost panoramic views of the city and is oriented around a stage, transforming the room from grown-up to “rowdy,” with nightly performances from local artists (The Austin Chronicle).
No matter the travel itinerary, Hotel Van Zandt makes it easy to stay healthy while away from home. The hotel’s fitness center is open 24 hours a day, each room is equipped with a free yoga mat and PUBLIC bikes are available at the front desk.
- "It may have a bit of the aura of Kutsher's Country Club, but it’s at the moment when Patrick Swayze jumps off the stage" -- The Austin Chronicle of Geraldine's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are available on request and in Standard Rooms & Suites only (double beds cannot accommodate rollaways): $30 (subject to tax) per night. Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax), per person, per night.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra beds are available on request and in Standard Rooms & Suites only (double beds cannot accommodate rollaways): $30 (subject to tax) per night. Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax), per person, per night.
Pets are allowed on request, free of charge with no restrictions on size or type. Guests must sign pet waiver at check-in stating that they are responsible for any damage caused by the animal. They will also collect your cell-phone number in the event you are out, and the animal is causing a disturbance.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $42.00 (subject to tax), per day. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
£150 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates Dec. 15 - Jan. 15; surrounding also discounted