Why We Love It
- Pinehurst Resort has hosted more golf championships than any other golf resort in the country
- The Carolina Hotel boasts AAA 4-Diamond status
- Guests have access to nine golf courses, tennis courts, a full-service spa, four restaurants and full Southern breakfast
- Since 1895, this National Landmark resort has been a destination for golfers and vacationers alike
"First-class service" -- Forbes
Rooms & Rates
Deemed the St. Andrews of American golf by golfing legend Bobby Jones, Pinehurst Resort has been part of golfing lore for more than 100 years. The resort is located in North Carolina's historic Village of Pinehurst, which Travel + Leisure describes as a "golfer's wildest dream."
The AAA 4-Diamond resort is known for being the site of more championships than any other golf resort in the country -- including the 2014 U.S. Open -- and is the only resort in the South that has nine signature courses. Each of the 18-hole courses was designed by the sport's leading names, including Tom Fazio, Rees Jones, Jack Nicklaus and Donald Ross. Fodor's says, "The courses -- known by their numbers -- can bring a tear to a golfer's eye with their beauty." Golf fees range from $59-$429 based on the time of year and the course.
Pinehurst Resort is also home to a full-service spa, rocker-lined verandas and gardens. A wide range on on-site activities are available, including tennis, putting greens, driving ranges, croquet, lawn bowling and pickleball.
The elegant Carolina Hotel -- where Travelzoo guests stay with this deal -- opened on New Year's Day in 1901 and is known for its copper cupola and sweeping verandas. The Carolina has been a AAA 4-Diamond property since 1982.
- "Civilized pleasures await in the spacious public rooms and elegantly traditional accommodations, on the rocker-lined wide verandas, and amid the gardens" -- Fodor's
- "The Pinehurst Resort, known for its [nine] courses and illustrious history with the sport ... maintains one of the better-known golf schools in the nation" -- Travel + Leisure
General Adult Only Indoor Pool, Sauna and Steam Room
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
Services Complimentary Shuttle service to all on property locatons
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children age 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge. Extra beds available on request, free of charge.
No pets allowed.
A resort fee of 10.98% per night (percentage calculated off of total value of the booking) applies; it includes self or valet parking, fitness center, outdoor heated pool and hot tub, bell staff assistance, on-property transportation shuttle. The resort fee is included in the total price shown at the final booking page.
The front desk is open 24 hours per day. We highly recommend contacting the hotel reservations department, at 888-598-7443, to reserve, golf, spa, tennis and dinner reservations in advance so you can start enjoying the resort as soon as you arrive. Golf, spa, tennis and dinner reservations are subject to availability.
Outside pool at The Carolina Hotel is scheduled to be open year-round. It's heated to approximately 80 degrees.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(47 Member Ratings)