£198 – 2-night Windermere stay inc prosecco, save 47%
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Two-night stays at Cedar Manor -- a country house retreat near Lake Windermere that has been highly praised by The AA, The Good Hotel Guide and The Daily Telegraph -- are now £198, saving 47% on the usual price.
- Two nights' accommodation in either the Coniston, Crinkle Crags, Langdale, Miller Ground or Wansfell room, with daily full Cumbrian breakfast, for two
- A bottle of prosecco in the room on arrival (worth £30)
- Friday and Saturday arrivals are an extra £25, and are subject to a 2-night minimum stay
- Overnight stays from Sunday-Thursday, with full Cumbrian breakfast and a bottle of prosecco on arrival, are £125
Why We Love This Hotel
- Dating back to 1854, Cedar Manor holds three AA Red Stars, which indicate "excellent levels of quality" and "outstanding levels of hospitality and service"
- This Lake District retreat provides "five-star levels of service and comforts, and a classy, contemporary edge", according to The Daily Telegraph
- Lake Windermere and the town centre are both less than 10 minutes' walk away
Cedar Manor, which has a picturesque location 10 minutes' walk from Lake Windermere, holds three AA Red Stars -- which means the property has Inspector's Choice status and offers "excellent levels of quality" and "outstanding levels of hospitality and service". The hotel is the highest ranked in Windermere on TripAdvisor, and is described by The Daily Telegraph as having a "classy, contemporary edge".
This is an excellent spot for walking -- Lake Windermere is less than a quarter of a mile away via a nearby bridle path and the town centre is less than 10 minutes' walk away. Ambleside is a 10-minute drive in the other direction; a bus stops right outside the hotel gates. The property has storage for bikes if you are bringing your own.
Built in 1854 from local slate, Cedar Manor has 10 rooms which are named after nearby lakes and fells, including Coniston, Windermere and Langdale. The furniture in the "exceptional" (Good Hotel Guide) bedrooms is made by local craftspeople, and all rooms include a fridge with fresh milk for tea and coffee.
In the mornings, a cooked breakfast is whipped up to order by owner Jonathan. The bar is a pleasant spot for an afternoon or pre-dinner drink, with a good selection of local ales, whiskies and gins available. A lounge menu is available daily between 4-8pm for a selection of bar snacks including cheese and meat platters, halloumi fries and potted shrimp.
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£99 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(44 Member Ratings)