The Great George
Why We Love It
- Occupies 17 historic buildings -- an entire block of downtown Charlottetown, steps from the site of Canada's founding
- Freebies include daily breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking
- Suites have fireplaces, kitchens and two-person Jacuzzi tubs
- Hotel hosts afternoon walking tour and happy hour everyday
"Colorful collage of celebrated buildings" -- Lonely Planet
Rooms & Rates
Built in 1846, The Great George has served as a posh hotel, a parasol shop and even a grocery before the current owners restored the property to its original glory over 120 years later. Today the hotel features 54 suites spread among 17 carefully renovated buildings in Prince Edward Island’s capital, Charlottetown. The hotel is adjacent to St. Dustan’s Basilica and is within a five-minute walk of the Province House National Historic Site and Confederation Landing riverside park.
All rooms have one queen or two double beds and are decorated with local artwork and antiques. Guests have the option to upgrade to deluxe rooms with a fireplace and Jacuzzi or claw foot tubs, suites with king beds, fireplaces and a two-person Jacuzzi or apartment-style accommodations with separate kitchens, living rooms and up to four bedrooms – ideal for families and groups traveling together. All stays include daily breakfast and complimentary parking.
Each afternoon, the hotel hosts a Historical Walking tour showcasing the 20 properties that make up The Great George. Afterwards, a complimentary wine and craft beer tasting is help in the reception area. Throughout their stay, guests are encouraged to borrow board games and movies from the front desk and receive warm chocolate chip cookies before bedtime.
- "History is clearly in the air (some Fathers of Confederation stayed in them during the Charlottetown Conference), but it's nicely balanced by the contemporary decor and 21st-century tech touches" -- Fodor's
- "Rooms ranging from plush and historic to bold and contemporary – but all are simply stunning" -- Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go