Dalvay by the Sea Hotel
Why We Love It
- Dalvay by the Sea Hotel portrayed the White Sands Hotel in Anne of Green Gables and Road to Avonlea and is a fixture in these Canadiana classics
- Keeping with the historical period, guest rooms are furnished with antiques and limited technology (no TVs or phones); there is free wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Partake in island activities like bike rides and hikes by the sea, and strolling the red sand beaches
- Esteemed past guests include Prince William and Kate Middleton
"A lovely period look" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
For many travellers, Prince Edward Island beckons as the iconic setting for Canadian classics like Road to Avonlea and Anne of Green Gables. Guests can immerse themselves in history with a stay at the historic Dalvay by the Sea Hotel, featured as The White Sands Hotel in each of these works.
Guest rooms keep the authenticity of that era alive with antique furnishings and no telephones or televisions, but cleanliness and quality are still priorities. That said, Wi-Fi is available throughout the property for guests who want to stay in touch with the modern world. Rent a cottage to kick back on a private porch while listening to the ocean surf.
This seasonal resort offers the chance to partake in a range of outdoor activities, from quaint to adventurous, including biking and hiking, seaside drives and hikes. Golfing and fishing are available in the area. Or, sit and read by the fireplace in the old time atmosphere of the lobby. The hotel has served members of the royal family, and its on-site restaurant attracts guests from across the island.
- "This intimate resort (it has fewer than 35 rooms and cottages total) is on a quiet stretch of beach. The Tudor mansion was built by a business partner of John D. Rockefeller, and the woodwork alone is enough to keep you entertained during your stay" -- Frommer's
- "Dalvay prides itself on providing royal treatment, too: it hosted Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge when they visited PEI on their first official trip together in the summer of 2011" -- Fodor's
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 6.00 and CAD 17.00 for adults, CAD 6.00 and CAD 17.00 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
The property is closed between 01 October and 15 May.