Why We Love It
- A relaxed, family-friendly, award-winning 3-star hotel in the historic centre
- Near plentiful restaurants, nightlife, museums, shops, the Athens Cathedral, & Monastiraki & Syntagma squares
- Bright, modern rooms include a free breakfast buffet plus free drinks, chocolate & biscuits throughout the day; some have Parthenon views
- It has a restaurant, a chic lounge, a bar & a roof garden with spectacular Acropolis views
"Simply perfect… deserves a higher rating" -- Culture Plus
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Plaka Hotel is a relaxed, family-friendly, centrally located 3-star hotel that has won several awards for its superb hospitality and attentive service. It has a TripAdvisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence, and has been highly recommended in the Greek Hotel Awards.
It is in a convenient location for exploring the city, as it is only two minutes' walk from the nearest metro station. The Ancient Agora is an 8-minute walk away, while it is seven minutes to Syntagma Square, 12 minutes to the Parthenon and 14 minutes tothe new Acropolis Museum. It is also only 50 metres from the main shopping streets of Plaka and Ermou, where you can find numerous shops and tavernas. The huge Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens, a major landmark of the city that is used for weddings and funerals of the rich and famous, is within two minutes' walk of the hotel.
The bright, laid-back rooms offer free Wi-Fi, a mini bar and a satellite TV. Some upgraded rooms feature balconies or views of the Acropolis (for an additional charge). Family rooms have interconnecting rooms with extra beds. A complimentary breakfast buffet -- plus free tea, coffee, chocolate and biscuits throughout the day -- is included in the room price. Room service is available.
Breakfast is served in a casual dining room; there's also a rooftop terrace with a bar and panoramic views of the Parthenon, as well as a chic lounge for relaxing with a cool drink. Additional amenities include a concierge; a 24-hour reception offering ticketing and guided tours, travel assistance, transfers, and laundry, dry-cleaning and ironing services, a small business centre, meeting rooms, and baby-sitting and childcare services. Parking is available nearby (various charges).
- "Simply perfect… deserves a higher rating" -- Culture Plus
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 1pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 1pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 6 per day