£159 & up – Suffolk: 2-night country house stay with meals
Save up to 46% on a 2-night stay at Ivy House Country Hotel in the Suffolk Broads. Now £159, this offer includes:
- Two nights' accommodation in a Courtyard Double or Executive Room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- £20 per person to spend on the à la carte menu in the restaurant or on bar food (on the first night only)
- A 2-night stay from 3 July-30 September is £10 extra
- It's £119 for an overnight stay (including breakfast and a £20-per-person dinner credit) until 30 Jun and £129 from 3 July-30 September
- It's £209 for a 3-night stay until 30 June and £219 from 3 July-30 September (breakfast included each day; £20-per-person dinner credit on the first night only)
Why We Love It
- This Suffolk hotel sits in 21 acres of gardens, lawns, ponds and marshes within the Broads National Park
- The 2-AA-Rosette Crooked Barn Restaurant is in a converted 16th-century thatched barn on the banks of Oulton Broad
- Popular seaside towns Southwold and Great Yarmouth are less than 30 minutes' drive away
Ivy House Country Hotel is close to the coastal town of Lowestoft, and sits on the banks of Oulton Broad. Its 21 acres of grounds include gardens, lawns, ponds, marshes and a thatched barn.
The hotel is in the Broads National Park, and you can stroll into the village of Oulton Broad directly from the hotel's gardens. The park is full of scenic waterways and wildlife, and has plenty of walking and cycling routes, or you can travel through it by boat and moor up to explore the nearby villages and waterside pubs.
The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Lowestoft's promenade, and beyond that the sandy beaches south of the town offer plenty of options for coastal walks. Local attractions Africa Alive!, Pleasurewood Hills and the seaside town of Southwold are within 25 minutes' drive. The coastal resort of Great Yarmouth and the Suffolk Coast National Nature Reserve are less than 30 minutes' drive away.
Eve's Bar has panoramic views over the gardens, ponds and over to the Broads. It's a great spot for a cream tea, a pre-dinner drink or a bar snack. You can also order a hamper to enjoy at one of the many picnic tables within the grounds.
For fine dining, head to the Crooked Barn Restaurant, which has held two AA Rosettes since 2004. Head chef Keith Parton serves a menu of local and seasonal ingredients in the characterful 16th-century barn.
All guests get homemade biscuits on arrival.
- "The kitchen makes excellent use of the region's produce in some eclectic dishes" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2018
- "The attractively decorated bedrooms are housed in garden wings, and many have lovely views of the grounds to the countryside beyond" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2018
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
A limited number of infant's cots/cribs and extra beds are available, on request only and corresponding charges will apply as follows: £15 per child per night, for children aged 10 and under; £25 per child per night, for children aged 11-15; £35 per person per night, for older children and adults. This includes breakfast.
Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request an extra bed/cot and confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: £15 per stay, in Courtyard Double Rooms only.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 46%
£159 / night
When You Can Go
Until 30 Jun; +£10 3 Jul-30 Sep
Getting ThereLowestoft station is a 15-minute drive from the hotel, and Oulton Broad South station is less than five minutes' drive away. A taxi from either station to the hotel will cost £5-£8, each way. The hotel is five minutes' drive from the A12. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(387 Member Ratings)