Carbis Bay Hotel
Why We Love It
- This boutique hotel overlooks its own Blue Flag beach
- The luxury spa boasts a Good Spa Guide 5-bubble rating, and the hotel holds a VisitEngland Silver Award for its high-quality service
- There's a heated outdoor pool, a sauna and a champagne bar
- The 2-AA-Rosette restaurant serves fresh seafood caught daily by local fishing boats
"The view over sand and sea is breathtaking" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2018
(429 Member Ratings)
Update (12:06pm, 3 May): There is construction on the far end of the beach.
Carbis Bay Hotel was built in 1894, on a hillside overlooking its own white-sand Blue Flag beach. The hotel was the inspiration for The Sands Hotel in the novels of Rosamunde Pilcher, and Virginia Woolf -- a former guest -- is said to have used Godrevy Lighthouse across the bay as her inspiration for To the Lighthouse.
Facilities within the "handsome 125-acre estate" (The Daily Telegraph) include the award-winning C Bay Spa, which boasts a heated outdoor pool, a hydrotherapy pool, a sauna pod and a Ruinart champagne bar. There is also an accredited watersports centre, where you can hire canoes and paddleboards at an extra cost.
The fine-dining Sands Restaurant serves seafood that arrives daily from fishing boats in St Ives, and you can sip a cocktail, cognac or champagne at the bar, and watch the sun set over the sea. The Beach Club Restaurant and The Conservatory both serve lighter bites in a more casual environment.
St Ives -- a "pretty jumble of slate roofs, church towers and turquoise bays" (Lonely Planet), that is home to Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum, is 20 minutes away by bus. You can also walk into town in about 30 minutes along the South West Coast Path, which runs past the hotel. Godrevy Lighthouse, St Michael's Mount and Penzance are all within 25 minutes' drive. Wi-Fi is free.
Click here to see our list of 101 Things to Do in Cornwall.
- "Scenically perched just above its own sandy Blue Flag beach outside St Ives, Carbis Bay's position is truly stunning" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "There aren't many spas in the UK where you can sit in a sauna and watch a pod of dolphins swim across a bay, but this is one of them" -- The Good Spa Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: There is no extra bed available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(429 Member Ratings)