Carbis Bay Hotel
Why We Love It
- It's a boutique hotel that overlooks its own Blue Flag beach
- The luxury spa won a Good Spa Guide National Award in 2015 & boasts a 5-bubble rating
- There's a heated outdoor pool, a sauna & a champagne bar
- The fine-dining AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant serves fresh Cornish seafood
"Families just love this place" -- Condé Nast Traveller
97% (358 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Built in 1894 and situated on a hillside overlooking its own white-sand Blue Flag beach, Carbis Bay Hotel was the inspiration for The Sands Hotel in the novels of Rosamunde Pilcher. Virginia Woolf -- a former guest -- is believed to have used Godrevy Lighthouse across the bay as her inspiration for To the Lighthouse.
Facilities at this Cornish gem include the award-winning C Bay Spa, which boasts a heated outdoor pool, a hydrotherapy pool, a sauna pod, a Ruinart champagne bar and more. The hotel has 47 bedrooms and three dining options. There is also a beach club with an accredited watersports centre, where you can hire canoes and paddleboards (supplements apply), and a bar and terrace with sea views.
The AA-Rosette-awarded Sands Restaurant serves seafood that arrives daily from the fishing boats in St Ives. Sip a cocktail, cognac or champagne at the bar, and watch the sun set over the sea.
St Ives town centre -- home of Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum -- is a 10-minute drive or a 1.2-mile walk away. The South West Coast Path runs past the front of the hotel, and offers a leisurely walk into the town. Godrevy Lighthouse, St Michael's Mount and Penzance are all within 25 minutes' drive. Wi-Fi is free.
We have also negotiated a spa day at Carbis Bay Hotel with bubbly, for just £49.
Travelzoo tip: Click here to see our list of 101 Things to Do in Cornwall.
- "In a peaceful location... this hotel offers comfortable accommodation" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2017
- "There aren't many spas in the UK where you can sit in a sauna and watch a pod of dolphins swim across a bay, but this is one of them" -- The Good Spa Guide 2017
- "The view over sand and sea is breathtaking" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2017
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra guests charges apply as follows: Extra bed available on request for children aged 11 and under: £30 per night. This includes breakfast. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.Cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 3 or under.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(358 Member reviews)