Why We Love It
- Intimate boutique resort on a private white sand beach with a two pools, an activities program and spa
- Expanded from the original estate of James Bond creator Ian Fleming, guest villas, cottages and huts have been added over the years
- Separate treehouse spa building accessible by kayaking or swimming across the lagoon
- All lodging encourages indoor-outdoor living with private outdoor space for lounging and windows on all side with louvered blinds
“A tropical playground for well-traveled expats” – Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Tucked into the thick emerald forests of Jamaica’s coastline is the GoldenEye Hotel and Resort. Once the private estate of James Bond creator Ian Fleming, the property has expanded beyond its original three bedroom home to include a total of 19 other villas, cottages and beach huts.
The intimate design allows for no more than 60 guests at a time to stay on the property so there’s never a crowd anywhere at this idyllic retreat. Set in between a lagoon and the Caribbean sea, the villas and cottages all have lofty vaulted ceilings, plantation shutters and state of the art air conditioning systems that use less power than more traditional cooling methods. A unique incentive to keep guests thinking green is the hotel’s policy of refunding a $20 credit per day for every day a guest doesn’t use the AC unit and allows the area’s natural breezes to cool them instead.
Other upscale touches include TVs equipped with Apple TV, free Wi-Fi and custom sound systems stocked with playlists curated by the hotel’s current owner, Island Records CEO Chris Blackwell.
Villas have outdoor porches and lagoon cottages have verandas with docks that have a kayak for each guest at the ready. The newest addition, the beach huts are smaller versions of the cottages but without air conditioning so guests who like to sleep in meat locker temps would not be happy with this arrangement.
Although there’s no formal fitness center, there’s a host of outdoor activities including two separate pools, staff-led organized runs, a tennis court and watersports like kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding. For pampering beyond the immersion in nature, guests can swim or kayak across the lagoon to the treehouse spa which overlooks the water below.
The GoldenEye is about 20 minutes outside the popular resort town of Ochos Rios on Jamaica’s northern coast so those looking for food beyond the excellent beach bar and tree-house style restaurant have a bit of a haul to try something new.
- “A tropical playground for well-traveled expats” – Travel + Leisure
- “Sumptuous accommodations and laid-back island style – Gayot.com
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 165 per person (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 165 (one-way)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.