£99 – Peak District: Buxton stay w/meals & bubbly, save 47%
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
"There is a tale to go with every creak of the floorboards at this genial, history-soaked establishment," says Lonely Planet of the "grand and elegant" Old Hall Hotel in Buxton. Take in the atmosphere of this 16th-century property with this value-packed £99 deal, which saves up to £88 on the regular rates.
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard or Classic Double/Twin Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- £20 dining credit per person (valid on food only after 5:30pm)
- A bottle of prosecco in the room on arrival (worth £28)
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £20)
- It's £149 for a 2-night stay, with the extra night on B&B
- Saturdays are an extra £20 and subject to a 2-night minimum stay
- It's an extra £20 per night to stay in an Executive Room; an extra £30 to stay in a Four Poster Room; and an extra £40 to stay in the Mary Bower Room
Why We Love This Hotel
- This "history-soaked establishment is supposedly the oldest hotel in England", says Lonely Planet
- The property is in the pretty spa town of Buxton -- a perfect base from which to explore the Peak District
- Mary Queen of Scots stayed here while under house arrest in the 16th century
- You can explore nearby Bakewell (famous for its tarts) and Chatsworth House -- both are a 30-minute drive away
Built in 1573, Old Hall Hotel is in the pretty market town of Buxton, which is surrounded by the Peak District National Park. It has welcomed some famous guests during its history -- Mary Queen of Scots stayed there while under house arrest in the 16th century, and author Daniel Defoe called it "a very special place".
The hotel sits opposite Buxton's Opera House and 12-acre Pavilion Gardens park -- there are picturesque views from the restaurant. It's an excellent base if you're exploring the nearby Peak District National Park, and it's an easy drive to Chatsworth House, the pretty village of Bakewell and many of the area's famous potteries.
Dinner can be taken in either the cosy Cockerel Wine Bar with the ambience of the old coaching inn, or in the stylish restaurant. Expect a menu of hearty British fare made with local, seasonal ingredients. Breakfast is made to order and includes dishes such as filled Derbyshire oatcakes.
The hotel has plenty of character, with original features throughout. Some rooms are on the smaller side and you may find the floors uneven, but this all adds to the property's charm. Wi-Fi is free and there are 4-poster beds in the higher-category rooms. The grandest -- Mary's Bower Room -- is believed to be part of the original building that "hosted" Mary Queen of Scots.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under. Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £5 per night for children aged 12 and under in Classic or Executive Rooms, £10 per night for older children and adults in Executive Rooms only. This includes breakfast.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £5 per night for children aged 12 and under in Classic or Executive Rooms, £10 per night for older children and adults in Executive Rooms only. This includes breakfast.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £20 per pet per day. Dogs only, and only allowed in Classic Rooms.
Dogs only, and only allowed in Classic Rooms.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 47% off
£99 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(121 Member Ratings)