The Istanbul EDITION
Why We Love It
- Sleek, new boutique hotel from design guru Ian Schrager
- The 20,000-square-foot spa is out of this world
- Home to an outpost of the famous Cipriani restaurant
- "Exemplary" service (Frommer's) and free Wi-Fi
"A sophisticated oasis" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
"A sophisticated oasis in one of the city's most bustling urban districts" (Fodor's), The Istanbul EDITION was a new addition to the Levent financial district in 2011, thanks to the vision of design guru Ian Schrager.
Today, the boutique property is admired for its personal service -- The Telegraph calls it "exemplary" -- and it is one of the top Istanbul picks for business travellers. The Levent metro station puts leisure trave;lers within four stops of Taksim Square, and just 10 minutes by taxi from the Bosphorus Bridge, plus there's a huge shopping mall immediately opposite the hotel.
The hotel's brightest star is hidden deep underground. Spread across three subterranean floors, the 20,000-square-foot spa is recommended by Condé Nast Traveler and is remarkably opulent. Harper's Bazaar says it "holds its own against the city’s sensational hammams" with a snow cabin, tranquil lap pool and 10 treatment rooms. There's also a fitness room.
The in-house restaurant Cipriani is equally impressive. This outpost of the prestigious Venetian restaurant specializes in signature Bellini cocktails and traditional dishes such as stuffed zucchini flowers and carefully tended risottos (open October-May). Finish off the evening with the city's glitterati at the Billionaire Club or retire to the Gold Bar, where you can admire the tropical fish in the 20-foot aquarium over cocktails or Turkish tea.
Rooms are large enough to be suites, and each has a large L-shaped couch and floor-to-ceiling windows. iPads loaded with local info are available on request (there's free Wi-Fi too), and TVs are top of the line. Marble bathrooms have a great waterfall shower and a sunken soaking tub, and most rooms have panoramic city views, especially those on higher floors.
- "A scrub from a fourth-generation hammam masseuse at the three-floor ESPA spa is a must" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "New hotels open in Istanbul almost every day, but the recent launch of Ian Schrager’s latest Edition hotel in the city has still managed to cause quite a stir" -- Elle UK
- "A sophisticated oasis in the city's bustling financial district" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request free of charge for children up to the age of 3. Extra bed available on request for children and adults: 50€ + 8% VAT per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.