Riu Cancun All Inclusive
Why We Love It
- Beachfront all-inclusive has its own dance club and is a 10-minute walk from Cancun’s infamous “Party Zone”
- Earned a AAA 4-Diamond Award after a 2014 total renovation gave the hotel an ultra-contemporary look
- Spend hours relaxing in the infinity pool, which has a swim-up bar and partially submerged stools and tables
- Try a complimentary scuba diving lesson or use the resort’s catamaran, canoe or snorkel equipment to explore the crystal-blue ocean waters
"Refined, upscale accommodations" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Hoping to attract a more upscale customer base with its 2014 complete overhaul, the Riu Cancun’s designers gave the hotel an entirely new look. The sleek interiors are mostly in black, white and shades of grey with pops of color in the lighting and artwork.
The spaceship-like lobby will transport you to your room through shiny silver columns, polished onyx and matte grey floors, and subdued crimson lighting leading the way. Once there, the mood lightens up with bright tropical orange, fuchsia or aqua whimsically accenting each room like the little umbrellas on your beach drink.
As expected, the hotel has the usual mix of buffets and themed restaurants, including a Brazilian steakhouse and a Japanese eatery. There’s free access to the gym, but since it’s a vacation, head outside and use one of the free catamarans, canoes or snorkel equipment. Or take underwater investigation up a notch and try the hotel’s free introductory scuba lesson.
For landlubbers, two freshwater pools flank a third infinity pool, which has a swim-up bar and partially submerged seating to keep your drinks dry without getting out of the water. Some complain about the hotel’s shadow blocking the afternoon sun, but perhaps that gives you an excuse to take a nap and rest up for Cancun’s notorious nightlife. There’s a popular on-site club, Pacha, with free entry and drinks for hotel guests. Or check out the infamous “Party Zone,” an area filled with clubs and bars that’s a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
- “A perfect choice for Spring Breakers who want to enjoy all the craziness of nearby Party Center while retiring to more refined, upscale accommodations” -- Travel + Leisure
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Mini bar
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Pets not allowed. Check-in time starts at 3pm. Check-out time is 12pm.
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go