Why We Love It
- Flamboyant, hip hotel in residential Ballsbridge, 15 minutes’ walk from Grafton Street
- The bar is a popular nightlife spot and serves imaginative cocktails
- Thoughtful extras include free Wi-Fi access, hair straighteners on request and iPod city tours
- There's an on-site fitness centre, open 7am-10pm
"Favourite celebrity stopover" -- Lonely Planet
Rooms & Rates
Situated in leafy Ballsbridge on the upscale fringes of Dublin, the Dylan Hotel is a funky city pad in a traditional red-brick Victorian shell. As Condé Nast Traveler notes, "this hotel looks as respectable as its surroundings in Dublin's affluent inner suburbs", but inside "things take a sudden turn for the flamboyant". The result is a stylish hotel that has a popular following with visiting celebrities and young couples.
The Tavern restaurant offers an intimate dining experience, with fresh menus created around seasonal and locally sourced products, and proposes an extensive wine list to accompany them. Popular with the city’s media crowd, the Dylan Bar is known for its signature cocktail creations, including the Old Fashion Smoky, with Bulleit Rye, Johnny Walker Black Label, vanilla honey and bitters. There’s also a compact fitness centre, which is open 7am-10pm.
The décor in the individually designed rooms is modern and high-end rooms even have TVs in the bathrooms. Free Wi-Fi access and iPods loaded with historical city walking tours are thoughtful standard extras, and hair straighteners and curling irons are available on request. The hotel also caters to visiting pets, providing pet beds, food, water and treats (extra charges apply).
The hotel’s neighbourhood is very residential, but it is still within walking distance of the city’s sights. A 15-minute stroll takes you to St Stephen's Green and the shops on pedestrianized Grafton Street. Take in some charming culture at the Little Museum of Dublin or head a little further into town to the buzzy Temple Bar.
- "20-somethings -- at least, those not feeling the pinch of the credit crunch -- line up to spend the night" -- Frommer’s
- "This unique hotel in an old Victorian building is a racy addition to the sometimes staid Dublin scene" -- Fodor’s
- "A genuine contender for favourite celebrity stopover" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Extra guest charges apply as follows: 50€ for children and adults aged 12 and over. Extra bed available on request, in Deluxe rooms and the Experience Suite. This includes breakfast. Children aged 11 and under stay free of charge, in an extra bed/cot (as appropriate) on request. Please use the Special Requests field to request an extra bed/cot. This includes breakfast. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy levels.
Small dogs are allowed on request and in certain rooms only: 50€ per dog, per night.
Please confirm with the hotel that your dog is able to stay, and that they have a room type available.