Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay Downtown
Why We Love It
- All-suite downtown hotel, good home base to explore the area
- Located across from Seaport Village and a five-minute walk to trolley stop
- All rooms have a separate living room and mini kitchen
- Free nightly cocktails and an indoor heated pool
"A good deal for families” -- Frommer’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewStrictly speaking, the Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown is a business-centric hotel, but its spacious all-suite accommodations mean it’s also a good bet for families. Five minutes on foot to the Seaport Village trolley stop, the location makes it convenient for exploring downtown attractions as well as area beaches. SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo are less than 15 minutes away by car.
Upon entering the circa-1980’s property, it feels as though you've stepped foot somewhere in the tropics rather than Southern California. The 12-story atrium is filled with tropical plants and koi ponds meander through the center. Here, the manager holds a free nightly drinks reception from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (two free cocktails per person).
Family-friendly facilities include a heated indoor pool and a complimentary breakfast buffet, with cooked-to-order options. Washers and dryers on the 11th and 12th floors (extra charge) are handy for longer stays. There’s also a well-equipped fitness room and a relaxed bar and restaurant serving one-pound hamburgers and beer from a local microbrewery.
Each suite comes with a separate living/dining room equipped with a sofa bed, a granite-finished bathroom and a mini kitchen, complete with a microwave, mini fridge and wet bar. Corner suites offer more space, and two-bedroom suites also have two bathrooms.
- “If you can snag a room when a big convention isn't forcing up downtown rates, this business hotel can be a good deal for families” -- Frommer’s
- “Renovations in guest bathrooms brought new granite counters, motion-activated lights, and curved shower rods that add more room” -- Fodor’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children 18 years and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge for one child under 2 years of age. Any additional adults in room will be an additional charge. Charges will be added to your bill.
Pets: No pets allowed.