InterContinental Kansas City at The Plaza
Why We Love It
- Luxuriously restored historic hotel one block from the Country Club Plaza
- Oak Room serves local cuisine with live music around the fireplace
- Rooms are decked out in marble and crystal with views of the Plaza
- Large outdoor pool deck, florist, gift shop and 24-hour gym
"For shopaholics, the location of this InterContinental is one of its best features" -- U.S. News
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
First opened in 1972, the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza has become a landmark in the “City of Fountains” for its old world charm. A marble and mahogany lobby greets visitors arriving at the AAA 4-Diamond property, which overlooks the hundreds of boutiques and restaurants that comprise Country Club Plaza.
The luxurious guest rooms offer sweeping views of the Plaza or downtown Kansas City to complement the marble bathrooms and crystal fixtures. Rooms include flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and terrycloth bathrobes. Suites include second bathrooms and sitting rooms with sleeper sofas separated from the bedrooms by French doors. Upgrading to the Club Lounge includes access to a private concierge, daily breakfast, mid-day snacks, cocktail hours and after dinner sweets in the private 11th floor lounge.
For locally sourced cuisine three meals a day, the Oak Room provides an exclusive dining experience and menu of regional ingredients. In the evenings, live music and a wide selection of vintages are offered around the crackling fireplace.
Guests have access to the hotel’s large outdoor, heated pool surrounded by lounge chairs and views of the surrounding city. To accommodate any travel schedule, the property’s fitness center is open around the clock, while conveniences like a business center, gift shop and florist can also be found on site.
- "Oak Bar’s warm fireplace, live music and scenic views make it a great place for a relaxing evening cocktail" -- Gayot.com
- "A luxury hotel overlooking Country Club Plaza" -- Fodor’s
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 11.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 11.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 18 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 25.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night plus USD 25 one-time cleaning
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.