£93 – Landmark Lord Nelson Hotel with Breakfast, Reg. £134
With sights like the Halifax Public Gardens and Citadel Hill within walking distance, this landmark hotel is an ideal base from which to explore a city that "has natural beauty and fresh seafood in spades" (Conde Nast Traveller).
- What's included:
- Most dates from Oct. 2 - Dec. 31; accommodations in a Classic Queen or Classic Double/Double
- £93 per night ... Oct. 21-22, Oct. 24-31; Nov. 1-14, 21-30; Dec. 1-30
- £137 per night ... Oct. 2-8, 13-16; Nov. 15-20; Dec. 31
- Includes daily breakfast buffet for two (reg. £24)
- Stays in an upgraded Executive King room type also discounted
- Price based on a maximum of two adults sharing a room
- Children under 18 stay for free with their parents using existing bedding; complimentary breakfast not included for child guests
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is £19 and valet parking is £27 (plus tax) per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
What you need to know:
"Spacious and elegant" -- Rough Guide
Why We Love It
- This historic 1928 hotel has an ornate lobby with updated suites and amenities
- Steps from Spring Garden Road and the new Halifax Central Library
- The city's Public Gardens are across the street, and some rooms have views of the Victorian fountains, manicured gardens and tropical plants
- Guest rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites has been one of Atlantic Canada's most iconic hotels since it first opened its doors in 1928. The Halifax landmark recently completed a multi-million-dollar renovation to meld modern conveniences with its historic charm.
With its prime downtown location, you'll have shops and restaurants at your door, and the five-story Halifax Central Library is just a few minutes' walk from the hotel. Browse the art displayed in the Sunroom exhibit space or, if natural beauty is more to your liking, meander over to the Halifax Public Gardens, located across the street from the hotel. Cap off your stroll with a 15-minute walk to the peak of Citadel Hill to enjoy views of the harbour and Georges Island, a historic site in its own right.
For dinner, grab a table at the hotel's Arms Public House, and nip into classics like seafood chowder or locally sourced, slow-braised Black Angus beef. This recently renovated eatery serves breakfast and lunch as well. Both the hotel's business centre and fitness centre are open 24 hours, for added convenience.
Each of the hotel's 262 guest rooms was completely remodelled in the recent transformation. You'll relax in plush seating and custom furnishings surrounded by a calming, neutral pallette. The bathrooms are on the smaller side, as is typical for an almost century-old hotel, but feature granite countertops and Aveda bath products.
After your day on the town, you can nestle into your bed's premium linens, flip on the 55-inch flat-screen TVs, and drift off to sleep, knowing you can wake up to a complimentary Nespresso coffee in the morning.
- "Offers a gorgeous view of the public gardens from one side and the downtown and harbour from the other. It is the choice of royalty and film stars when they visit Halifax" -- The Globe and Mail
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
Free shuttle service: 7-10 Monday-Friday Downtown Area.
Laundry / dry cleaning available: fees apply.
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
Bathroom Bathrobes and slippers available upon request.
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 19.
For express check-in or check out please email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time to arrange.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Cribs are available for infants on request in the Classic Rooms only: CA$40 plus tax per night.
Extra beds are not available.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged CA$60 fee per pet per stay.
Fees: A Self Parking Fee of CA$28 (plus tax) or Valet Parking Fee of CA$40 (plus tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill directly at the hotel. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Over 30% Off
£93 / night
When You Can Go
Options from Oct. 2 to Dec. 31
Getting ThereA taxi from the Halifax International Airport will cost approximately $65 and take 35 minutes.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(73 Member Ratings)