£169 – Lake District getaway with AA-Rosette-awarded dinner
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to the Lake District village of Grasmere for £169 with this exclusive deal from The Wordsworth Hotel & Spa. The exclusive offer includes a 4-course dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant.
"As tranquil as its surrounding waters" -- Britain's Finest Hotels
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Double room or a Classic King/Twin room, with full Cumbrian breakfast and a 4-course dinner, for two
- Cream tea with a glass of buck's fizz on arrival (worth £13.25 per person)
- It's £329 to stay for two nights with daily breakfast, a glass of buck's fizz and cream tea on arrival, a 4-course dinner in the Signature Restaurant on the first night, and a 2-course dinner in the Dove Bistro on the second night
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £25 per night; Saturdays require a 2-night minimum stay
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is in the village of Grasmere and is named after its most famous former resident, poet William Wordsworth
- Wordsworth fans can see three of his former homes: Dove Cottage and Allan Bank in Grasmere, and Rydal Mount, which is less than 10 minutes' drive away
- Lake Windermere is a 20-minute drive from the hotel
- Guests can use the indoor pool, Jacuzzi and sauna
- Grasmere's famous Gingerbread Shop is next door to the hotel
The Wordsworth Hotel & Spa was built in 1870 and is in the centre of Grasmere, which Lonely Planet calls "one of the prettiest of the Lakeland hamlets". One of Grasmere's main draws is its links to poet William Wordsworth -- he lived in Dove Cottage between 1799 and 1808, and at Allan Bank from 1808 to 1810. Dove Cottage and The Wordsworth Museum are closed until spring, 2020, but Allan Bank, which is a National Trust property, is open Friday-Sunday.
The hotel, which holds four AA Silver Stars, is praised by Britain's Finest as "the best hotel in the village of Grasmere". It is next to the Grasmere Gingerbread Shop -- the former cottage of Victorian cook Sarah Nelson, who created the recipe that is still used today.
The Signature Restaurant holds an AA Rosette and is prasied for its "creative country-house cooking" by The AA Restaurant Guide 2020. There's an extensive wine list and an emphasis on local beers. Afternoon tea is available daily from 12-5pm in the conservatory or lounge, or on the terrace in good weather.
Guests can use the W Organic Spa, which has an indoor pool, a Jacuzzi and a sauna. Spa treatments are also available (additional charges apply).
Waterhead Pier on Lake Windermere is around 15 minutes' drive from the hotel; the pier is the starting point for several scenic boat tours.
Keswick, a town "encircled by cloud-capped fells and nestled alongside the idyllic, island-studded lake of Derwentwater" (Lonely Planet), is less than 30 minutes' drive from the hotel.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£169 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(108 Member Ratings)