£176 – 4-Star Waterfront Hotel incl. Weekends, 45% Off
With rooftop terraces, sweeping bay and city views and outdoor soaking tubs at the spa, it's easy to see why Fodor's named this 4-star boutique hotel among the most romantic in San Francisco. We've negotiated an exclusive offer for Travelzoo members that saves up to 45% and includes a waived nightly urban fee.
- What's included:
- Travel most dates Nov. 16 - Jan. 3; select Fridays-Sundays, Jan. 4 - Feb. 24
- £176 per night in a City View King room
- Water-view rooms are also discounted
- Waived nightly urban fee (reg. £27 plus tax), which covers Wi-Fi, daily passes to the nearby YMCA (featuring a 25-meter indoor lap pool), complimentary coffee-and-tea service at Americano restaurant, access to fitness center and spa discounts
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are £26 per person, per day; children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are prepaid and nonrefundable
- Valet parking is £55 per day; no self-parking
- Pet-friendly (fees apply)
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"A very attractive place to stay" -- Frommer's
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond serene boutique property along the Embarcadero waterfront
- Both the rooftop terrace and onsite restaurant, Americano, boast stunning Bay Bridge views
- The penthouse-floor Spa Vitale features open-air deep-soaking tubs situated in a private bamboo garden
On the Embarcadero waterfront, the boutique Hotel Vitale is known for its prime location and what Condé Nast Traveler calls its "million-dollar view." With two outdoor terraces (on the fifth and seventh floors), the hotel looks out onto the glittering Bay Bridge. It’s also directly across from the city’s Ferry Building, home to dozens of foodie shops and restaurants and a farmer’s market on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings.
Rooms are spacious and minimalist, with the best facing out toward the bay (although the other rooms are much quieter). Some have walk-in rain showers (many with deep-soaking tubs, as well). A nightly turndown service comes with a printout of the next day’s weather forecast and other thoughtful extras.
Fresh farm-to-table Italian dishes grace the menu at Americano, where diners overflow onto the heated patio during busy after-work hours. It's open for breakfast seven days a week and for dinner Monday through Saturday; lunch is served on weekdays only. The circular cocktail lounge with 180-degree street views is a great spot to people-watch over a drink. Polished floors and low sofas provide a sultry scene for happy hour.
Located on the penthouse floor, the exclusive Spa Vitale has three treatment rooms and is known for its deep-soaking tubs hidden in their outdoor rooftop bamboo garden (charges apply). On the second floor, there’s also a small in-house gym.
- "Location, location, location…the 199-room Vitale has it in spades" -- Travel + Leisure
- "A very attractive place to stay, especially if you book one of the suites with 270-degree San Francisco views" -- Frommer’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
Internet Wi-fi included in nightly Resort Fee.
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. The minimum age to check-in is 18.
The minimum age to check-in is 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. A maximum of 2 children in a room.
Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child under age 2.
Extra beds available on request and in king bed rooms only; $35 per night.
The extra person fee of $30 applies for the 3rd / 4th guest in the room.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
A maximum of 2 children in a room.
Pets are allowed on request: US$75 per stay. The fee is non-refundable and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
No fees apply for service animals.
The fee is non-refundable and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A resort/facility fee of US$35 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
**Please note this fee is waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal**
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Parking Fee of $62 per night and $72 for oversized vehicles applies, both subject to 14% tax.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
£176 / night
When You Can Go
Travel options Nov. 16 - Feb. 24
Getting ThereThe hotel is a 30-minute drive from the San Francisco airport. There’s limited street parking in the area, but valet is available for an additional charge. The hotel is a 5-minute walk to Embarcadero Station (cable car line) and both BART and the ferry are nearby.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.