Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Why We Love It
- The hotel is opposite the Victoria Eugenia Theatre & a short stroll from the city's Old Town
- Overlooks the Urumea River
- Hollywood stars such as Woody Allen & Elizabeth Taylor have reportedly stayed here
- Impressive range of cocktails on offer in the bar
"Absolutely impeccable" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
The hotel has 24-hour parking (38€ per day) and valet services available for an additional fee.
Rooms & Rates
According to a Lonely Planet reviewer, if you stay at the Hotel Maria Cristina, "you’ll get to mix with royalty and Hollywood stars, who feel right at home in this palace-like hotel". No surprised considering the hotel has reportedly hosted film stars such as Woody Allen and Elizabeth Taylor.
Dating back to 1912, the stylish Hotel Maria Cristina has a striking Belle Époque interior, complete with chandeliers and marble columns. It overlooks the Urumea River in San Sebastián, a coastal city on the Bay of Biscay, 20 kilometres from Spain's border with France. San Sebastián is particularly well known for its culinary scene.
Previous guests have commented that most of San Sebastián's attractions are within walking distance. It's opposite the Victoria Eugenia Theatre and a short stroll from the sea and the Parte Vieja (Old Town), where many of the city's shops are.
The hotel's Dry San Sebastián Bar serves up an impressive range of cocktails -- we like the sound of Lost in Translation, a mixture of sake, Suntory whisky, yuzu juice, lime juice and elderflower cordial. There are also two restaurants: Easo serves local dishes, while Café Saigon specialises in Asian cuisine. Both have views of the Victoria Eugenia Theatre. Note that there's a 32.45€ surcharge for breakfast.
Slick, contemporary-style bedrooms have satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, mini bars and safes. A reviewer at The Daily Telegraph says that the Hotel Maria Cristina "gets my favourite hotel bed of the year award, with a superb mattress, 200-thread-count sheets and a feather duvet".
- “A luxury hotel offering superb beds, characterful rooms and a great location on the banks of the Urumea” -- The Daily Telegraph
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 36.3 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 200 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 40.45 per day
- Valet parking fee: EUR 40 per day
- Pet deposit: EUR 33 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 33 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 77.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.