Auberge de la Source
Why We Love It
- This riverside 18th-century restored farmhouse has plenty of character
- Sample local delicacies with a 4-course fine-dining dinner
- Explore country walks from the doorstep of this forest retreat
- Close to the pretty port of Hornfleur and 1-hour from the attractions of Normandy
"Delightful" -- The Hotel Guru
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set at the edge of a forest in a village, just two miles from the picturesque fishing port of Honfleur, the 4-star Auberge de la Source is a rural retreat in the Normandy countryside. A member of the Châteaux & Hôtels Collection, this 18th-century restored farmhouse sits in a verdant valley, and walks in the local woods of Bois du Breuil or the paths that follow the estuary of the Seine River are right on your doorstep.
Honfleur, with its museums, gardens and pretty harbour is less than a 10-minute drive away. The hotel is also a great base for visiting the area’s attractions, many of which are only an hour or so away: Rouen and its cathedral, the white chalk cliffs of Etretat, and Mont Saint-Michel are just a few. Other options are immersing yourself in First World War history at the Normandy Landing beaches or taking a trip along Normandy’s cider route.
The hotel’s restaurant is run by a Michelin-star restaurant trained chef, who uses fresh local produce to produce a daily-changing fine-dining set menu. And, if your French is up to it, there are also weekly cooking classes for 85€ per person.
The 15 country-chic rooms come with exposed wooden beams, wicker chairs and gingham furnishings, and overlook the ponds or gardens. The Hotel Guru praises the “rustic chic interiors with high wooden-beamed ceilings and lots of light”. All come with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi, and larger Family Rooms are available for those travelling with children.
- "Auberge de la Source offers delightful cuisine in a lovely pastoral setting" – L’Obs Magazine
- "A delightful timbered farmhouse with fantastic restaurant" -- The Hotel Guru
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 19 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 15 per pet, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.80 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Eve gala dinner fee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.