£152 – Posh James Hotel Chicago in Summer w/Upgrade
Thought you missed your chance to score a summer hotel deal in the Windy City? We're here to help. Members save up to 35% off at one of Chicago's best hotels (Conde Nast Traveler) from July through Labor Day.
- What's included:
- £152 per night ... Sunday-Friday, July 1 - Sept. 6 (+£39 for Saturday stays)
- £187 per night ... Sept. 7 - Oct. 26
- Travelzoo members receive a free upgrade to a Deluxe room
- Select dates in May, June and November are also discounted, including Memorial Day weekend (2-night stay required for May 26)
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$20 per guest per night; children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable, but a flexible rate is also available for +£30 per night
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a Hotel Facilities Fee of £13 per day; this fee covers Wi-Fi access, a $10 daily credit to the James Kitchen + Bar and more
- Valet parking is $65 per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply (there's even a room service menu for pets)
What you need to know:
"One of Chicago's top luxury hotels" -- Oyster.com
Why We Love It
- Art-filled boutique hotel one block from Magnificent Mile shopping
- Guest rooms feature 48-inch smart TVs, free Wi-Fi and welcome amenities for kids
- In cooler weather, guests can lounge by the fireplace in the newly renovated lobby
- Chicago's only hotel with the KEYPR concierge tablet system in every room -- arrange a wake-up call, order ice or request extra towels just by tapping the touch-screen
With a mid-century modern vibe full of fun amenities and high-tech perks, The James is as cool as it looks and certainly earns its spot on Conde Nast Traveler's list of the Best Hotels in Chicago. Despite being super chic, the hotel is also surprisingly family-friendly -- kids are supplied with a welcome kit and milk and cookies at turndown.
Guest rooms are bright, surprisingly spacious and a minimalist’s dream, decorated in white and wood-grain accents. Many rooms also have dining nooks with a sofa and a table; clever room layouts ensure bathrooms are spacious. Rooms also include electric kettles with Starbucks Via coffee as well as pantries featuring snacks and a variety of drink options.
The James Kitchen + Bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily along with craft beers and cocktails. The hotel has an expansive 24-hour fitness center and a full-service spa; there's also a car service that can take you around the Loop and River North, and pets are welcome (though an extra charge does apply).
- "The surroundings are gorgeous ... suites feel straight out of a design magazine photo shoot" -- Frommer's
- "This trendy boutique hotel has a prime location and comfortable, contemporary rooms" -- Fodor’s
- "[This] sleek downtown hotel-residence attracts style-conscious travelers with its emphasis on extras" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Extra bed available upon request: free of charge. Children welcome.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra person charge is $40 (subject to tax), per person, per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: US$75 plus tax, per stay.
A resort/facility fee of US$17.55 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
*Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over.
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $65.00 (subject to tax), per day, with in and out privileges included. Oversize vehicles not allowed. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
£152 / night
When You Can Go
Sunday-Friday, July 1 - Sept. 6; +£48 through Oct. 26
Getting ThereIt’s 30 minutes by taxi from Chicago O’Hare International Airport to the hotel. A taxi is approximately $40-$45. Valet parking is available for those arriving by car (extra charge applies).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(234 Member Ratings)