Why We Love It
- Romantic boutique gem with dramatic interiors & canal views
- Set in the famed San Marco district, 10 minutes' walk from St Mark's Cathedral & the Doge's Palace
- The skyline views from the lovely rooftop terrace
- Free return trips to Murano Island
"Romantic high drama" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewWith Murano chandeliers and gilded accents, the AD Place Venice is a hotel that "goes for romantic high drama", says Lonely Planet. An inconspicuous doorway hides funky interiors, where baroque glamour is mixed with bright, modern shades -- guests are greeted with drapes, storm lanterns and an enormous crimson chandelier. It all makes for a dreamy and intimate escape.
The hotel is a boutique gem, with a great location, its own landing jetty for gondola trips and boat transfers, and a superb rooftop terrace. You'll be in the famed San Marco district on the narrow canal -- listen out for the singing gondoliers if you stay in a canal-side room -- and two minutes on foot from the Grand Canal. St. Mark’s Cathedral, the Rialto Bridge and the Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace), are all within 10 minutes' walk. Guests of the hotel can take a free return trip to Murano Island, famous for its glass factory.
Surrounded by terracotta-tiled roofs and with far-reaching city views, the hotel's roof terrace is a romantic spot for breakfast or pre-dinner drinks. Breakfast is also served in the little breakfast room, or you can opt for breakfast in bed. There's no on-site restaurant, but there is a small, well-stocked bar, and a coffee machine provides free drinks all day long.
There are only 12 rooms, all finished with the same theatrical flair as the public rooms -- some have 4-poster beds -- and all are air-conditioned. Space is a little tight in the most basic rooms, but the suites will comfortably sleep up to four people. Guests can immerse themselves in the sights and sounds of Venice with a canal-facing room; the smaller rooms to the rear are quieter. The hotel doesn't have a lift and some rooms are up several flights of stairs, so request a room on the ground floor if you have mobility requirements.
- "[Staff] do a fantastic job of making your stay special, with spot-on restaurant recommendations and no end of information" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Taking its cue from Teatro La Fenice across the canal, AD Place goes for romantic high drama" -- Lonely Planet
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.