Electra Palace Athens
Why We Love It
- You can take in views of the Acropolis for the hotel’s pool and rooftop garden
- The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Syntagma Square and a 15-minute walk from the Acropolis
- It’s located in the Plaka neighbourhood -- the oldest part of Athens -- which is home to cobbled streets, neoclassical mansions and ancient sites
- Some of the bedrooms boast views of the Acropolis
"If you want simple elegance, good service & a great location, this is the hotel for you" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
According to Lonely Planet, “the Acropolis is the most important ancient site in the Western world” and “a glimpse of this magnificent sight cannot fail to exalt your spirit”. Guests that stay at the Electra Palace Hotel can take in views of this historic monument from both the swimming pool and the rooftop garden.
The Electra Palace Hotel in Athens is located in the Plaka neighbourhood -- the oldest part of Athens -- which is home to cobbled streets, neoclassical mansions and ancient sites. Within this area you’ll also find artisan shops, small taverns and a number of museums. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Syntagma Square and a 15-minute walk from the Acropolis. The Daily Telegraph describes it as “a peaceful base for visiting the city’s top cultural attractions”.
Within the hotel there’s a spa with an indoor swimming pool, an outdoor swimming pool (which is closed during the winter), a poolside bar, a sauna, a hot tub, a gym and a lounge. There are two restaurants -- Electra Roof Garden which serves Greek cuisine and Motivo Restaurant which serves up Mediterranean dishes. According to previous guests, the views of the Acropolis from the Electra Roof Garden are pretty special.
There are 155 bedrooms and each one has a minibar, a laptop-sized safe, free Wi-Fi and satellite television. Some of the rooms on the higher floors also boast views of the Acropolis.
Wi-Fi is available in the hotel’s public areas for an additional cost.
- “If you want simple elegance, good service, and a great location, this is the hotel for you” -- Fodor’s
- “A five-star Athens hotel offering old-school atmosphere” -- The Daily Telegraph
- Infant cots / cribs
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: EUR 12 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 12 per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 15.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: EUR 3.00 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.