Brooks Hotel Edinburgh
Why We Love It
- It's in the city centre, close to Princes Street & the Old Town
- Stay in one of Edinburgh's period buildings with plenty of vintage features
- The courtyard is a lovely oasis away from the buzz of the city
- Breakfasts are typically hearty & include award-winning local produce
"Littered with sleek boutiquey touches" -- The Sunday Times
Map & Directions
There is an underground car park with limited spaces behind the hotel. The cost is £12 per day -- it's advisable to book in advance. On-street parking is available just off Grove Street and is chargeable from 8.30am-6.30pm Monday to Saturday, but is free overnight and all day on Sundays.
Rooms & Rates
The Brooks Hotel is housed in a 19th-century Gothic stone building in the buzzing West End of Edinburgh. It's "littered with sleek boutiquey touches", according to The Sunday Times, including faded tan leather armchairs, retro side tables, black chandeliers and stag antlers.
Edinburgh Castle is one mile from the hotel, while the Royal Mile, historic Grassmarket and the labyrinthine streets of the Old Town, with its vintage boutiques and cafés, are all a 10-minute walk away. Princes Street, Edinburgh's main shopping road, is even closer -- a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
There's a pretty courtyard -- ideal for al fresco summer drinks -- as well as an honesty bar stocked with local whiskies. In the winter, enjoy afternoon tea in front of the log fire in the lounge. Breakfast, which includes award-winning haggis from a local butcher, is served in the stylish dining room.
Compact Doubles are snug, but perfectly big enough for an overnight stay, while Double rooms are larger and feature designer wallpaper, and a blend of modern and vintage furniture collected from Edinburgh's independent shops. The bathrooms are decorated with Victorian crackle glaze tiles and have de-misting mirrors and an eco shower. Rooms also offer free Wi-Fi, Hungarian goose down duvets, an iPod docking station and a flat-screen TV. There are three family rooms that sleep up to four people.
- "A home from home with a touch of luxury" -- Country & Town House
- "Stylish interiors, happy staff, a central position in town" -- Sawdays Special Places to Stay British Hotels & Inns
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 11am National Rating Know Before You Go
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.
Know Before You Go
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 9.50 for adults and GBP 4.75 for children (approximately)
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(5 Member Ratings)