The Gainsborough Bath Spa
Why We Love It
- This brand-new 5-star city-centre hotel is a Leading Hotel of the World
- Don’t miss a trip to the stunning spa: it’s the only hotel in the country with access to Bath’s natural thermal waters
- Sample innovative fine-dining dishes from the Dining Without Borders menu
- The Telegraph scores it 9/10, calling it a “stunningly imagined addition to the city”
"Offers Georgian charm, exquisite spa & comfortable beds" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Dating back to the 1800s, The Gainsborough Bath Spa is spread over two Grade II-listed buildings at the centre of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the heart of the hotel is the luxurious Spa Village Bath, which taps into the natural thermal, mineral-rich waters.
The city of Bath is a tourist’s paradise, with a wealth of museums and attractions including the Roman Baths, Thermae Bath Spa and Bath Abbey just a short stroll away. Nearby attractions include the Royal Crescent, The Holburne Museum, the Victoria Art Gallery and the Jane Austen Centre.
Back at the hotel, Michelin-starred chef Johann Lafer heads the kitchen. His Dining Without Borders menu uses locally sourced produce to create dishes such as slow cooked honey-soy pork belly with mango and sesame cream, or roasted sea bass with macadamia nut gnocchi. Enjoy a pre or post-dinner drink in the chic Gainsborough Bar with its extensive cocktail menu, or sink into leather seats in The Canvas Room for a quintessential afternoon tea.
The sumptuous spa facilities include two natural thermal pools, traditional and infrared saunas, a steam room, an ice alcove and relaxation areas. There is also an extensive menu of spa treatments and a 24-hour gym. Guests can access the Spa Village for free from 7-9am and 8-10pm each day.
Accommodation is suitably luxurious -- you’ll find iPod docking stations, flat screen HD televisions, Roberts radios, complimentary WiFi, a free minibar, Nespresso machines, heated bathroom floors, blackout blinds, luxurious bedding and generous wardrobes.
- “A Bath hotel offering Georgian charm, exquisite spa, comfortable beds, great food and an eclectic wine list, near Bath’s Theatre Royal and Roman Baths” -- The Daily Telegraph
- “It sounds kitsch but there can be few more genuinely historic places to swim” --The Financial Times
- “Dishes are executed exceptionally well” -- Olive Magazine
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 30.00 for adults and GBP 15.00 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 38.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.