Grand Hyatt Berlin
Why We Love It
- The 5-star hotel is just off Potsdamer Platz in Berlin's city centre
- It's walking distance from the Sony Centre, Brandenburg Gate & the Reichstag
- The 8th-floor spa offers a huge pool, Jacuzzi & sublime city views
- Vox restaurant is listed in the Michelin Guide & offers Berlin's largest show kitchen
"It's luxury all the way" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Grand Hyatt Berlin is a popular 5-star hotel in the centre of the German capital, near the vibrant Potsdamer Platz. It is a great location for both business and leisure -- within walking distance of the Sony Centre, Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag Building -- and five minutes on foot from the U-Bahn (underground).
The hotel's highlight is the 8th-floor spa -- it's "Berlin's favourite", says Travel + Leisure, and offers sublime views of the skyline. After a day's sightseeing, unwind in the huge indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna or steam bath, or indulge with a treatment. There's also a gym, and the Tiergarten is only two blocks away if you prefer to exercise outdoors.
There are three restaurants on site: Tizian Lounge (international classics and Arabic dishes), mesa (German tapas) and Michelin-listed Vox, which is home to Berlin's largest show kitchen and serves up sushi and inventive international dishes. The adjoining bar stocks a range of 240 different whiskies for after-dinner drinks, accompanied by live jazz and blues (from 10pm, Monday-Saturday). There's also a casual restaurant for traditional German dishes and local wines.
Rooms are large, and have remote-control black-out blinds to ensure a peaceful night. Marble bathrooms have heated floors and separate toilets. Most rooms have street views, but some overlook the inner courtyard. There's basic Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, and guests can upgrade to premium access for a faster connection. Upgrade to a Club room for premium Wi-Fi and access to the club lounge, where afternoon tea, evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres are served.
- "All 322 rooms are surprisingly sexy, with big beds, huge TVs, Sony PlayStations and black-granite bathrooms" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "The moment you step into the lavish, cedar-clad lobby of this designer temple, you sense that it's luxury all the way to the breathtaking rooftop pool" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 2 and under. There is no extra bed available for older children and adults.
Pets: Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 36.75€ per stay on checkout. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. Dogs are not allowed in the Club Olympus Spa & Fitness.
A 5% city tax is included in the total price.
Car parking is subject to availability and charged at 20€ per night, and additional 5€ for valet service.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(19 Member Ratings)