Reykjavik Residence Hotel
Why We Love It
- A brand-new aparthotel in historic buildings in Reykjavík's fashionable 101 district
- Near main shopping streets, galleries, restaurants, museums, nightclubs & cafés
- Spacious accommodation with free Wi-Fi
- Lonely Planet praises the hotel's "glowing gold" light & "attentive" service
"Plush city-centre living" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
For inexpensive travel from the airport into the city, there is a Flybus service that runs all year long in connection with incoming flights. Tickets can be purchased on arrival, and cost 1950 ISK (approximately £10) per person for a one-way ticket. Children aged 12-15 can get half-price tickets, and under-11s ride free.
For another 550 ISK (£2.65), the Flybus will also stop at some of the major hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavík, with a last stop at Reykjavík bus station (approximately an 18-minute walk to the hotel).
Rooms & Rates
Blending the modern with the traditional, Reykjavik Residence Hotel's suites and apartments are nestled into two converted historic mansions in the heart of the city's downtown district.
The hotel's location is ideal for those wanting to explore the main streets and sites of the most northerly capital city in the world. It is a 10-minute stroll to Laugavegur Street -- Reykjavík's popular shopping district -- and the Hallgrímskirkja Church, as well as the old Reykjavík harbour area, which is also within easy walking distance. There are a number of bus stops nearby where you can access some of Iceland's most famous attractions -- such as the Golden Circle and the Blue Lagoon.
The "linens are crisp, service attentive and the light a glowing gold" at the Reykjavík Residence, according to Lonely Planet. Offering studio and 1- to 3-bedroom apartments -- all boasting free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, stove, microwave, and tea- and coffee-making equipment, a telephone, a flat-screen TV, a DVD player and an iPod docking station, with extra beds and cots available if required -- this aparthotel caters for both solo travellers and families alike.
There is also a 24-hour reception available from the hotel, where you can request daily maid service and laundry facilities (2- and 3-bedroom apartments have their own washer/dryer). A dedicated taxi service is also available from the hotel for trips outside the city.
- "Plush city-centre living feels just right in these two converted historic mansions " -- Lonely Planet
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: ISK 2750 for adults and ISK 1375 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: ISK 2400 per day
- Nearby parking fee: ISK 3200 per 24 hours
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: ISK 333 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.