£99 – Stratford-upon-Avon country house stay, 52% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
You can now save up to 52% on a getaway for two at Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe -- a Grade II-listed country house hotel that's 10 minutes' drive from historic Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace. This overnight stay is now less than £50 per person.
- Accommodation in a Classic Double or Twin Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A bottle of prosecco (worth £27)
- Late checkout until midday (worth £30)
- 20% off pre-booked spa and golf (Monday-Thursday only; subject to availability)
- Saturdays are an extra £30
- An overnight stay as above, plus £35 dinner allowance per person, is £149
- You can book multiple nights for either deal at the same price, with all inclusions applying daily
- Stay in an Executive Room for an extra £20 per night, a Superior Family Room for an extra £30 per night or a Superior Double or Feature Room for an extra £50 per night (all supplements payable direct to the hotel and subject to availability on arrival)
Why We Love This Hotel
- This Grade II-listed Jacobean-style building is set in over 150 acres of landscaped gardens
- Stratford-upon-Avon -- the birthplace of Shakespeare -- is around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Facilities include an 18-hole championship golf course and a spa with an indoor pool
- The restaurant holds an AA Rosette and "offers a contemporary take on classic country-house cuisine" (The AA)
The 4-star Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe is set in 157 acres of Italian-style landscaped gardens on the outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon. The grade II-listed Jacobean-style hotel, which was originally built in 1886, features an oak-panelled lounge with a large fireplace, and some of the rooms feature 4-poster beds.
The property is around 10 minutes' drive from Stratford-upon-Avon, a historic market town and the famed birthplace of William Shakespeare. The town is home to The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, the Swan Theatre and the scenic River Avon.
Warwick Castle is less than 15 minutes' drive away, and Anne Hathaway's Cottage -- a picturesque timbered farmhouse that was the childhood home of Shakespeare's wife -- is in the nearby village of Shottery, about a mile west of Stratford-upon-Avon.
The edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is around 20 minutes' drive from the hotel, while Birmingham city centre is around 45 minutes' drive away.
The hotel's AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant has views of the gardens where, weather permitting, guests can dine al fresco on the hotel's terrace. As well as an 18-hole golf course, facilities include a spa with an indoor swimming pool, a health club with a gym, and a range of health and beauty treatments (extra charges apply).
Superior and Executive Rooms are more spacious than Classic Rooms. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Meals are not included in the supplement and will be charged as taken.
Extra bed available upon request, for older children and adults: £20 per night.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 per pet per night.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 52% off
£99 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(39 Member Ratings)