Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle
Why We Love It
- Top riverside location with views of Newcastle’s quayside
- Original features like porthole windows in the bathrooms
- Lavishly designed bedrooms with roll-top baths and sleigh beds
- Stylish bar and bistro -- plenty of options for wine connoisseurs
"Huge beds and sultry décor" -- Red
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle is perched on the banks of the River Tyne, with impressive views of the city’s quayside and bridge. Originally home to the Tyne Tees Steam Ship Company, the Edwardian building has been beautifully restored -- look out for porthole windows in the showers and ships’ ropes in the courtyard.
As the hotel’s name suggests, there’s a big emphasis on wine, with an extensive list of wines to choose from, as well as wine tastings and cocktail masterclasses that take place in the opulent La Roche tasting room. Soft lighting, reclaimed, dark-stained floorboards, ornate paintings and restored fireplaces mean that the décor is suitably plush.
The bistro offers Gallic-inspired food with a British twist. Choose from homely French classics such as escargots à la bourguignonne, or tarte tatin with crème Normande, or contemporary dishes like spelt and chanterelle mushroom risotto, or duck shepherd’s pie. The 4-course Brunch Gastronomique is epic -- tuck into the spoils of the Market Table before choosing your main meal and then a dessert.
There are 42 bedrooms, all individually designed with quirky touches and named after a different wine or champagne producer. Standard Rooms come with a magazine selection, fancy teas and a Nespresso coffee machine. Most have roll-top baths and some have far-reaching river views. For a special occasion, opt for the Dom Perignon bedroom, which is the largest room, complete with a 9-foot bed, twin freestanding roll-top baths and double walk-in monsoon power showers.
- "A boutique hotel with comfortable beds, fabulous views of the river Tyne and good, bistro-style food" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "The rooms here are spacious with huge beds and sultry décor" -- Red
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am National Rating Know Before You Go
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 16.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 10 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 10 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.