£89 & up – Central Bath stay with bottle of wine, 39% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel occupies seven Georgian townhouses on Queen Square in the centre of Bath, a "city of graceful architecture and rich culture" (Lonely Planet). Overnight stays now start from £89, saving up to 39% on usual prices.
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A bottle of red or white wine on arrival (worth £28)
- Tuesday-Thursday stays are an extra £10 and Friday stays are an extra £20
Why We Love This Hotel
- A "jaunty, neo-Regency style pervades the hotel", which occupies seven interconnecting Grade I-listed Georgian townhouses on Queen Square, which is "one of Bath's most notable architectural set pieces", according to The Daily Telegraph
- Many of the city's top sights, including Bath Abbey, the Roman Baths, Thermae Bath Spa and the Royal Crescent, are less than 10 minutes' walk from the hotel
- The hotel's Brasserie Blanc restaurant features "diligent and friendly" service and a menu of French classics created by Raymond Blanc
- Guestrooms come with fine Egyptian cotton sheets on beds, fluffy bathrobes and luxury toiletries
Situated on Queen Square in the centre of Bath, the Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel occupies a row of seven interconnecting Georgian townhouses. The hotel's design nods to the buildings' history, with richly coloured wallpapers, a mahogany grandfather clock in reception and plaques that give information about the houses' first owners. Original black-and-white photos and 12 hand-drawn illustrations of life in the 1800s tell the story of the buildings.
Queen Square has an enclosed garden, with an obelisk in the centre that was erected in 1738 for the Prince of Wales. It's in the city centre, less than 10 minutes' walk from Bath Abbey, the Roman Baths and Thermae Bath Spa. Bath Spa railway station is less than 15 minutes' walk.
The Circus and the Royal Crescent are less than 10 minutes away on foot. These streets of Palladian-style townhouses are the grandest in the city. Head to No.1 Royal Crescent to learn about life in Bath during the 18th century. Literature buffs can visit the Jane Austen Centre (five minutes' walk from the hotel) to learn about the author's life and times in Bath.
Afternoon tea can be taken in Emily's Tea Room, which features velvet Chesterfield sofas and wingback chairs. Meals, including breakfast, are served in Brasserie Blanc, which has a menu designed by Michelin-starred chef Raymond Blanc featuring a range of classic French dishes. The bar offers more informal food, including sandwiches and salads made with locally sourced ingredients.
Classic Rooms come with Egyptian cotton sheets, fluffy bathrobes, luxury toiletries, Wi-Fi, mineral water, and tea- and coffee-making facilities.
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Parking (fees apply)
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Car park fee: £17.50 per night.
Limited space available, first come-first served basis.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 39% off
£89 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(194 Member Ratings)