£85 – North Yorkshire getaway with dinner, was £172
The Bridge Hotel & Spa near Wetherby is a great base from which to explore nearby Harrogate, Leeds and York. Overnight stays are now £85 -- slicing 50% off the usual price -- and include:
- Accommodation in a Standard Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Dinner, including a starter, a soup, a sorbet, a carvery main course, a dessert and a coffee (worth £29.50 per person)
- Late checkout until midday (worth £15)
- A 2-night stay is £149, with daily breakfast, dinner on the first night only, cream tea (including a selection of sandwiches, scones, jam, cream and tea or coffee; worth £12.50 per person) on the second day and late checkout
- Stay in a Club Room for an extra £15 per night
Why We Love It
- This 4-star hotel in North Yorkshire is less than 10 minutes' drive from the market town of Wetherby
- Part of the hotel's main building is a former coaching inn dating from the 17th century
- Spa facilities include an outside hot tub, a Nordic sauna, an ice fountain and a eucalyptus steam room (spa access must be pre-booked; additional fees apply)
- Harrogate, Leeds and York are all around 30 minutes' drive away
The Bridge Hotel & Spa is in the hamlet of Walshford in North Yorkshire. The hotel is said to stand exactly halfway between London and Edinburgh, so it's not surprising that there is a 17th-century coaching inn at the core of the hotel building. Today, the property is five minutes' drive from the A1(M) and is "well-connected" (The AA) for day trips.
The hotel is less than 10 minutes' drive from the market town of Wetherby, home to Wetherby Racecourse, which hosts racedays from October to July. Bramham Park -- a sprawling wooded estate with an 18th-century manor -- is a 15-minute drive away.
You can also drive 15 minutes to Knaresborough and see Mother Shipton's Cave or the ruined 14th-century castle, or venture 30 minutes by car to spend the day at Newby Hall, Fountains Abbey or Lightwater Valley theme park. The nightlife of Leeds, the spa town of Harrogate and historic York -- "the North's most compelling city", according to Rough Guides -- are also around 30 minutes' drive from the hotel. The North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales national parks are 40 minutes' drive away.
The hotel boasts a spa with an outdoor hot tub, two saunas, an ice fountain and a steam room (spa access is £15 per person for three hours and must be pre-booked). The cosy bar is adorned with oak panelling dating back 250 years, and the restaurant serves classic British dishes. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10am.
Children and additional guests: Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £15 per night for children aged between 3 and 15; £20 per night for children aged 16 and above as well as adults. This includes breakfast. Infant's cot/crib are available, free of charge, for children aged 2 and under. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Dogs only, on request.
Payments made by American Express will incur a 3% transaction fee.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Access to the spa is available at £15 per person for three hours and must be pre-booked.
£85 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu 1 Nov, 2018-31 Jan, 2019
Getting ThereParking is free. The nearest railway station is Cattal, less than 10 minutes' drive away. There is a free shuttle service available for guests arriving between 8:30am-6pm (must be pre-booked).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(239 Member Ratings)