Why We Love It
- Known for its rooftop lounge and infinity pool, with 360-degree city views
- It's in an artistic district, a 10-minute walk from the CN Tower, Rogers Centre and the Harbourfront
- The rooftop lounge is popular with celebrities during the Toronto International Film Festival
- Rooms are plush and modern, with floor-to-ceiling windows, sumptuous beds and heated marble flooring in the bathroom
"An outpost of cool" -- The New York Times
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
When it opened in 2010, the Thompson Toronto was the first foray into Canada for this hotel brand. Several years later, it has more than lived up to the hype, with a rooftop lounge, spa, yoga centre, a winter ice rink and plush, modern rooms. The property is in the King West Village, with the CN Tower, Harbourfront and Rogers Centre (home of the Toronto Blue Jays) all within a 10-minute walk away.
Known for its party scene, the exclusive top-floor lounge is the hotel’s main appeal -- it’s all about the “rooftop, rooftop, rooftop," says The New York Times. Only open to guests, residents and a select few, the glass-walled bar serves high-end cocktails and has 360-degree views of the city and CN Tower. When night falls, smart evening wear is required, but in warmer months guests can stop by for a swim in the beautiful infinity pool during the day.
For food, there is Japanese fusion on offer at Hibachi Teppanyaki & Bar, burgers and live sports at the Thompson Diner and weekend brunch at Colette Grand. Opt for a seat on the outdoor terrace for views of Victoria Memorial Square. Downstairs, the basement lounge is especially popular during the Toronto International Film Festival (when it attracts a throng of celebrity guests, including Maggie Gyllenhaal and Gerard Butler), and is so exclusive you’ll need to order bottle service to snag a seat. There’s also a private screening room and well-equipped gym.
Rooms are bright and spacious, with floor-to-ceiling windows, dark, hardwood floors and statement furniture -- some also have balconies. Large bathrooms have heated marble floors and powerful rainfall showers.
- "Though cheerful staff effortlessly attend to guests, the Thompson is first and foremost a nightlife playground" -- Conde Nast Traveller
- "With its central location and incredible city views, the sleek Thompson ... is an ideal base from which to explore the neighbourhood" -- Travel + Leisure
- "The rooftop bar, patio and pool are easily Toronto's finest" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $50.00 (subject to tax), per day or Self-Parking for $25.00 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(59 Member Ratings)