JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort and Spa
Why We Love It
- The luxe JW standard of spotless rooms and great service, though a bit removed from local color
- The pool is enormous at 25,000 square feet, and faces west, providing dazzling sunsets
- Cheap 30-minute shuttle takes you to town for shopping
- Adjacent golf course has view of the beach and landscape
“Top luxury” -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
There's no avoiding the pool at the JW Marriott Guanacaste. It covers 25,000 square feet in a journey that takes it around curves, under bridges and along buildings, before ending with an infinity wall that faces the ocean. It's the standout feature of this JW Marriott, which otherwise adheres for the most part to this upscale brand's idea of a plush and carefree stay.
The resort sits right on the beach, though it's a small patch -- the pool is probably bigger, when you compare them. But the combination of the two ensures there's plenty of places to lie down and sun.
The rooms are spacious and clean. The décor is simple and elegant, with a minibar and fridge. There's a steep charge for Wi-Fi of $14 per day. The resort has five casual restaurants ranging from a steakhouse to a breakfast buffet. Meals are not included and range from $15-$60.
There is a nearby golf course, and a cheap shuttle will take you into the town of Tamarindo for shopping and more affordable eating with local cuisine. There is also a horse ranch nearby for horseback riding and exploring.
- “The rooms are cozy and well equipped” -- Frommer’s
- “Straddling the line between major resort and remote wilderness lodge” -- Travel + Leisure
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.99 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 10 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.