£175 – Costa Rica: Villa w/Private Plunge Pool, 55% Off
A laid-back, eco-conscious, adults-only escape awaits at this 4-star resort nestled in the Costa Rican jungle.
- Stay in a Villa with Plunge Pool most dates through Dec. 20
- £175 per night ... May 1 - Dec. 20
- £194 per night ... through April 30
- Daily breakfast for two guests
- For stays of 4 nights or more, guests receive one three-course lunch for two guests (reg. £55)
What You Need to Know
- Note: 3-night minimum stay required from May 1 - Dec. 20; 2-night minimum stay required through April 30
- Price based on up to two adults sharing a room
- A deposit of one night, plus tax and resort fee, will be charged once reservation is made
- Cancellations must be made 30 days prior to arrival if staying May 1 - Dec. 20 or 60 days prior to arrival if staying through April 30 to receive a full refund
- No matter where you book, this resort charges a resort fee of £22 per night; the fee covers a welcome drink for two guests; Wi-Fi; snorkeling gear, BuggyBoards; beach kit including a soft cooler, chairs and umbrella; and in-room coffee and bottled water
- Not pet-friendly
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love It
- An adults-only romantic spot that finds itself on many honeymoon wish lists
- Villas are bright and airy, with whole walls that open to a private patio and infinity pool
- The setting stuns -- lush tropical oasis that blooms on a cliff overlooking the sea
- Since most guests are celebrating something special, the staff stands out for being friendly and open to special requests
They say you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but judging by Casa Chameleon's reviews from past guests on sites like TripAdvisor, it's doing nearly a perfect job. The location is stunning, tucked into a lush seam of rainforest on a cliff overlooking the ocean. This intimate adults-only hideaway is a prime choice for honeymooners, partially thanks to its small scale -- there are only six villas.
Each one is exceptionally airy, with full walls that open up to the outdoors, one of the reasons there's no air conditioning here. There's also no TV and no phone, and no need for them: even the most HD of HDTVs couldn't transmit a view of forest or ocean as breathtaking as the ones that flood in through the open walls. Each villa also has a private patio and infinity pool, though the water can be chilly. Rainfall showerheads fill the combo indoor/outdoor shower, though with such negligible division between exterior and interior, the occasional insect can wander in.
That seems to not bother guests, who are too busy raving about the service -- the people who work here are used to fulfilling special requests for the many special occasions celebrated here. The restaurant on the property is expensive, but there are food options in town that are less expensive.
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Separate shower
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Front Desk is open from 6am-10pm local time. There will always be someone on duty to welcome the guest.
Minimum age required to check in: 16.
Front Desk is open from 6am-10pm local time. There will always be someone on duty to welcome the guest.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available. Adults Only Resort.
Adults Only Resort.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A resort/facility fee of US$25 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
Beach kit including: soft cooler, chairs and umbrella
In Villa coffee and bedside bottled water - replenished daily
Turn down service (upon request)
This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£175 / night
When You Can Go
Options through Dec. 20
Getting ThereCosta Rica has two main airports. In the capital city of San Jose is the Juan Santamaria International Airport, and in Liberia in the Guanacaste Province is the Daniel Oduber International Airport. If you fly into San Jose, you must take a connecting flight to the town of Tambor. If you fly into Liberia, you will have to take a connecting flight to San Jose then another connecting flight to Tambor since there are no direct flights from Liberia to Tambor; therefore, it is recommended that you fly into San Jose. Connecting flights can be flown on either Nature Air or Sansa, two reputable Costa Rican airlines.
Casa Chameleon is a 45-minute drive from the Tambor airport. The resort can be reached by rental car, taxi, or personal driver. Casa Chameleon is available to help guests choose and book transportation. If you should decide to rent a car, it is recommended to rent a four-wheel-drive vehicle as the roads are steep and can be hard to navigate. If you choose to get a taxi, the price is about $50 each way. If you choose private shuttle, the price is about $60 each way.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(17 Member Ratings)