Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Why We Love It
- The unique, free-form pool winds through the resort like Venetian canals and is one of the largest in Costa Rica
- Amenities like a full-service spa, championship golf and kids club are hard to find at surrounding resorts
- The lush grounds feel never-ending and make for a dreamy getaway
"Premier large resort hotel on the Central Pacific coast" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
As one of Costa Rica's few large-scale resorts, the extensive amenities and impeccable grounds are where the 4-star Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort truly shines. The Spanish-colonial details throughout give the feel of a sprawling hacienda rather than a chain resort. Rooms are light and airy but without the detailed decor of the rest of the resort -- this is a place for vacationers who won't be in the room enough to notice.
The jewel of the property is the gigantic pool area, a "complex maze with a host of small bridges connecting islands of chaise lounges and lush gardens, interspersed with secret grottoes and quiet corners," (Frommer's) designed to conjure images of Venetian canals and dotted with swim-up bars. The resort's other calling card is the 18-hold championship golf course designed by Ted Robinson, a rare find compared with surrounding resorts.
Three restaurants, a poolside grill and multiple bars and lounges provide extensive dining options. Some are open late, though these can be pricey options. There are five restaurants within walking distance of the resort, including a bakery and a marina-front restaurant.
The ocean views are stunning and well worth the upgrade to an oceanview room overlooking the calm waters. The beach is rocky -- great for an evening stroll, but daytime beach goers should grab a cab for the 10- to 30-minute drive to gorgeous surrounding beaches. These include Playa Jaco, a lively atmosphere; Playa Hermosa, a white-sand beach popular with surfers; and Manual Antonio National Park, an hour's drive but home to some of the country's best beaches and wildlife reserves.
- "Beautiful rooms, stunning architecture, a lovely 18-hole regulation golf course and one of the largest and most unique pools in the country" -- Frommer's
- "[The] palatial colonial-style building has a gorgeous view of Herradura Bay and combines modern amenities with traditional Central American decorative motifs" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 6 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 200 per night
- Resort fee: USD 28.25 per accommodation, per night
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Valet parking
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 07 June 2018 to 31 October 2018 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Select guestrooms
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.