The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
Why We Love It
- A peaceful and chic resort with spacious guest rooms and views of the Arenal Volcano
- The luxe hot springs are a notch above the average outdoor pool, with natural thermal waters, built-in lounge chairs and waterfalls
- Even the showers left an impression on Fodor's and travelers, many of whom include a mention in their rave reviews of the hotel
"Friendly service [and] a sense of intimacy" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A nature escape with the comforts of a 4-star hotel, the Hotel Royal Corin offers stunning panoramas of the Arenal Volcano without even leaving the room. The intimate property has 54 rooms with plenty of space to relax and enjoy the attentive service. With its manicured grounds and modern design, the property lacks a bit of the lush jungle feel of surrounding resorts, but makes up for it with its incredible views from the rooms, pools, restaurants and sun deck.
Contemporary guest rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies with sitting areas. Offsetting the light, airy decor of the rooms, the black marbled bathrooms have a decidedly sleek feel with a high-tech rainfall shower that reviewers rave about, making up for the small counter space. Our Deal Experts recommend upgrading to the junior suite: the extra space and amenities like an in-room Jacuzzi overlooking the volcano are worth the extra cost.
Fed by natural thermal spring water, the three pools are different temperatures with a curved swim-up bar in the center. Lounging in the pool area dotted with numerous hot tubs and waterfalls and overlooking the volcano, guests will be hard pressed to find a reason to leave. When travelers do pull themselves away, it's usually for a treatment in the serene full-service spa with a koi pond and outdoor sauna tub for a complete relaxation experience.
Travelers are a five-minute drive from La Fortuna, the nearby town with shops and restaurants. Adventure seekers can take the 15-minute drive to La Fortuna Waterfall or visit the Arenal Volcano National Park, a 25-minute drive from the hotel. Unwind after a day of relaxing by the pool or venturing to nearby attractions with a cocktail at the indoor/outdoor lobby bar or on the terrace for happy hour before dinner.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 170 per vehicle (one way)
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 94.71
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 46.74 (from 6 to 11 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 168.51
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 73.80 (from 6 to 11 years old)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.