Napili Kai Beach Resort
Why We Love It
- Generations of travelers have been returning to this unique, boutique property for its one-of-a-kind atmosphere
- A slow pace and the opportunity to escape make this a low-key traveler's haven
- Located on a stunning beach without the crowds of the main drag
- No resort fee: a rarity in Maui
"Feels like a well-kept secret" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Travelers looking for an low-key getaway with local flavor and the peace and quiet of a mostly unplugged getaway need look no further than the Napili Kai Beach Resort. Nestled on a serene stretch of Napili Bay, the resort is not for those seeking the lively atmosphere of a mega-resort, and in fact, those with kids may find some of the "rules" a bit of a turnoff.
The resort's somewhat strict standards like no rambunctious kids or cell phones in public areas have created a hard-to-find atmosphere that has garnered a loyal following among those seeking a certain type of vacation. Kids are definitely welcome; the hotel has daily activities and programs for all age groups in peak and holiday seasons, but it may be a better fit for families with older kids. While there are no cell phones allowed in public areas, guests of course have free rein in their rooms and complimentary Internet access.
While all rooms have ocean views, not all rooms are created equal when it comes to interiors. Rooms closest to the beach don't have air conditioning, but because Napili is drier with constant sea breezes, it's not necessarily needed. Our Deal Experts recommend snagging a room in Puna 1, Puna 2 or Lani 1 since they have recently been fully renovated. Rooms in other buildings are scheduled for renovation, but guests may find them a bit worn at present.
Guests can take a dip in any of the four pools, while adults can retreat to the adults-only whirlpool that overlooks the bay. Parties are frequently hosted on the two 18-hole putting greens where guests can also play croquet and bocce ball. A watersports rental store is a five-minute stroll away as is a convenience market, though the hotel provides mats, snorkels and coolers.
The resort prides itself on authentic Hawaiian activities. No overblown luaus here -- guests instead can attend weekly mai tai parties, take a horticultural tour, experience ti-leaf weaving over morning coffee and more. An on-site restaurant is open all day, and the limited-service spa offers affordable relaxation.
- "Spread across 10 beautiful acres along one of the best beaches on Maui" -- Fodor's
- "Located right on the sands of one of the island's best snorkeling beaches, Napili Bay" -- Gayot
- "This low-key yet sophisticated resort ... tastefully blend[s] Polynesian decor with Asian touches" -- Lonely Planet
- "The weekly mai tai and golf putting parties are blasts from the past, but the modern conveniences in each unit and startling ocean views will focus you on the splendid here and now" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.