British Colonial Hilton - Nassau
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- With a location in downtown Nassau, this hotel bends to the side of business, but the private beach beckons for breaks
- The lobby is stunning, and all rooms were completely renovated in 2009 and still feel fresh and new
- It is walking distance from Nassau's museums and shops
- The only beachfront hotel in downtown Nassau
As one may’ve guessed from the name, the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau is a traveler’s best bet for getting a little education on the side of a Bahamian beach retreat. The only beachfront hotel in downtown Nassau, the resort benefits from a private beach overlooking the cruise harbor and a close location to the museums and attractions in the city. Though most venture into town for the shops, the museums are also well worth a visit, even as a back-up plan for rainy days.
The resort’s lobby is lined with palm trees and decorated in light oranges, so guests are ushered into tropical relaxation. This resort, unlike many others in the Bahamas, has a bend toward business travelers and conferences. A 24-hour business center and ergonomic chairs in the guestrooms facilitate productivity, and the beach beckons for breaks. Though the resort has a private stretch of beach, it is reportedly not the Bahama’s best; anyone seeking a tranquil break may want to book farther from the city center. However, the resort has a lovely pool and excellent sports program.
Guests can take advantage of 24-hour room service and concierge desk. Though most rooms do not have private balconies, guests overlook the cruising port. The resort was entirely renovated in 2009, giving it a fresh feeling. The area, while busy during the day, is rather dead at night -- a bonus for weary business travelers, but perhaps a detriment for vacationers with a bit more revelry in mind.
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 24.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 10.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 4.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 14.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 19 per day
- Pet fee: USD 250 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: USD 18.4 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.