The Lodge at Ventana Canyon
Why We Love It
- In a residential setting in the Sonoran Desert, this intimate hotel with only 50 suites offers peace and quiet
- The 600-acre property features 12 tennis courts, two golf courses and a junior Olympic-sized pool
- One-bedroom suites are spacious with a kitchenette, dining and living areas - and a patio or private balcony
- Take a hike in nearby Sabino, Ventana canyons or Saguaro National Park
"The resort's small size (just 50 suites) and friendly customer service make for an intimate experience" -- US News
Rooms & Rates
Located on 600 acres in Tucson, The Lodge at Ventana Canyon is spread over a desert landscape filled with rolling golf greens and cacti with the Santa Catalina Mountains as a backdrop. Sabino and Ventana canyons are within minutes of the lodge, and Saguaro National Park is just 30 minutes away, all of which offer breathtaking scenery to explore.
The AAA 4-Diamond condominium resort offers more of a residential feel than a large resort, with only 50 suites, allowing for a peaceful and quiet setting. Past guests have said they feel like they're treated like family when staying here, as the staff are helpful and hospitable. Each spacious one-bedroom suite covers 800 square feet, and two-bedroom loft suites cover 1,500 square feet. They all feature kitchenettes with a microwave, dishwasher, hobs, refrigerator - plus, a dining area and living area as well as very spacious bathrooms and a private patio or balcony. Suites are also stocked with bathrobes and offer Wi-Fi. Although the rooms don't have flashy modern décor, they are decorated in neutral tones and feature all the comforts of home.
Two Tom Fazio-designed golf courses bring in large groups and retirees for annual outings, and TripAdvisor users have raved about the courses in their reviews. Expect the property to offer a more relaxed vibe with families and golfers rather than a party scene. There's also a junior Olympic-sized swimming pool to cool off along with a designated kiddie pool and a snack bar open during the summer months. There are 12 tennis courts to get in a match and the lodge offers classes and clinics (for a fee). A fitness centre features cardio equipment and free weights - and there is also a personal trainer on-hand, as well as various fitness classes offered daily. The day spa offers a smaller menu of treatments but features all the necessary ones including facials, massages, body treatments and manicures and pedicures.
The Catalina Dining Room serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual environment with a view of the mountains. The menu offers a mix of Pacific Rim, California and Southwest fare featuring seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. The Ventana Bar & Grill also features a casual environment with TVs tuned to live sports and serves lunch Friday through Sunday and dinner seven nights a week. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle that will take you within 2 miles of the lodge so you can check out local shops, restaurants or hiking trails.
- "The secluded country club atmosphere is Kennebunkport West---low-key and understated---by way of the desert southwest. Its preppy, conservative social milieu attracts a clientele of avid golfers and their wives, along with many retirees." -- Gayot
- "Located in Tucson's high-end Catalina Foothills district (near Sabino Canyon), The Lodge at Ventana Canyon seems to offer guests everything they could want in a vacation under the Tucson sun." -- U.S. News and World Report
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Crib available on request, free of charge.
Extra bed if available on request, free of charge.
Extra person charge $20 + tax per night for each adult over 2.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundabe fee of $100 per stay on checkout.
Fees: A resort fee of $26.89 per night (inclusive of tax) applies; it includes gratuities for all front desk staff and housekeeping staff. Includes self-parking and valet, wireless internet use throughout the property, use of fitness facility, and shuttle service two miles from property.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.