The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Why We Love It
- The AAA 4-Diamond hotel is a block from the beach and a 20-minute walk from the Santa Monica Pier
- The hotel's Cape Cod-like lounge The Bungalow is a place to see and be seen while sipping cocktails with ocean views
- Rooms are set in two towers -- opt for the Ocean Tower for a room with an ocean view, balcony and more modern decor
- Past guests rave about the great service and low-key, unpretentious vibe
"Inconspicuous luxury and service" — Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Since it opened in 1921, the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows has been a mecca for A-list stars such as Greta Garbo and Marilyn Monroe to tuck away into one of the luxury bungalows for respite by the ocean. That still stands true today as it's still a hot spot for A-listers and locals who flock to the hotel for its hip oceanfront bar and lounge.
Located within walking distance to downtown Santa Monica, the beach and Santa Monica Pier, it's the perfect spot for tourists who want to be in a buzzy location but still by the beach. The AAA Four Diamond hotel is composed of two buildings: the Ocean Tower, which provides ocean views from its 10 floors, and the six-floor historic Palisades building, which offers regular guest rooms. Then, surrounded by lush gardens, flowers and palm trees, the private bungalows are tucked away for those looking for the utmost in privacy, which is why they are so popular with celebrity guests.
Whichever room you choose, expect to stay in luxury. Rooms in the historic Palisades building feature a more traditional design, whereas the Ocean Tower rooms are more modernly decorated, most with balconies and ocean views. All rooms feature minimalist decor and have luxe amenities, including Frette linens, bathrobes and Keurig coffee machines.
Fig restaurant offers a bright and airy space serving up fresh organic fare sourced from the Santa Monica Farmers Market. The hotel's hopping Bungalow is the place to grab cocktails and light bites while listening to live music or playing pingpong or pool. The standalone space resembles a seaside cottage complete with patios and plush sofas that feel way more like home than a bar. Pamper yourself at the hotel's Exhale spa and keep your workout routine at the hotel's fully equipped fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool.
- "Snob appeal is blissfully absent here: service is warm rather than white-gloved; the scene around the pool and at the Exhale spa is laid-back; and the cuisine at the inventive, farm-to-table FIG restaurant is unfussy" —Travel + Leisure
- "Low-rise and extremely luxurious, residential-style bungalows built between 1920 and 1946 are outfitted like minimansions, complete with butler service — a favorite perk of visiting VIPs" — Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 5.99-10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 5.99-15.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.