The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth
Why We Love It
- This multi-season resort is rated AAA 4-Diamond
- Guests can utilize a scenic gondola to the slopes just across the street
- All guest rooms are pet friend and come with kitchen facilities and cozy fireplaces; some units come with balconies
- Kids under 12 eat free at the onsite restaurant, and a supervised kids club is available between 4-9 with arts and crafts, games and more
"Provides full-service comfort" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Nestled in Northern California’s Sierra Nevada mountain range, the sprawling four-star Westin Monache Resort is a year-round vacation haven. When white powder dresses the peaks in winter months, hit the slopes at nearby Mammoth Mountain (over 11,000 feet high) by complimentary gondola. As the snow melts in the warmer months, try mountain biking (over 85 miles of single-track trails), hiking, fishing or rock climbing.
Suites at the resort are a good size for families, featuring a sofa bed, kitchenette and fireplace, perfect for relaxing after a day of exploring the outdoors. There is also no need to fret about whether your four-legged friend can tag along on the next vacation, as the resort is pet-friendly and even provides the Westin Heavenly Dog Bed, food/water bowls and dog amenity kit.
For those who can’t seem to get enough of the outdoors, one of America’s most treasured landmarks, Yosemite National Park, provides endless awe-inspiring scenery – from waterfalls to giant sequoias – just one hour north by car. Or grab the complimentary shuttle and explore the town of Mammoth Lakes, boasting restaurants, boutiques and even a brewery.
A pesky and somewhat steep $25 per night resort fee covers the local area shuttle, airport shuttle, gondola rides, coffee and cocoa, arrival champagne, and more.
- “Provides full-service comfort and amenities close to restaurants, entertainment, and free public transportation to all Mammoth Lakes destinations” – Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa tub access
- Fitness center access
- Airport shuttle
- Shuttle service
- Ski shuttle
- Ski storage
- Bicycle storage
- Business center/computer access
- In-room safe
- Concierge/valet service
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.