The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
Why We Love It
- Fodor's calls it "one of Maui's most notable resorts"
- Rooms are ultra-luxe with marble bathrooms and private lanais
- Environmental Education Center hosts guided rainforest hikes and snorkeling trips
"One of Maui's most notable resorts" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
"This resort is a complete universe" Frommer's says of the AAA Five Diamond Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, blending effortlessly into the tropical hillside high above D.T. Fleming Beach along Maui's western coast.
The location is a bit remote, but with plenty of amenities -- four restaurants and two bars serve signature favorites like scallop, prawn and onaga bouillabaisse and macadamia nut pancakes, with many ingredients sourced from the on-site organic garden.
The 17,500-square-foot spa is "gorgeous" and "blissful" (Fodor's) with island-inspired treatments like pineapple-papaya or Hawaiian red sea salt and coconut oil scrubs. A three-tiered 10,000-square-foot pool flows through the center of the grounds (open 24 hours) and there is a separate pool area for kids.
Families will love the offerings from the Environmental Education center and Ambassadors of the Environment program, which hosts learning experiences like guided rain forest hikes and snorkeling trips to nearby coral reefs. Try to arrange your stay around one of the signature events held at the hotel like the Celebration of the Arts Festival or the Kapalua Wine & Food Festival.
The accommodations are elegant and just as luxurious as you would expect from the Ritz-Carlton name: dark wood floors, dazzling marble bathrooms and private lanais that look out onto the lush grounds and stunning coastline. The rooms are on the smaller side by luxury hotel standards, though.
It is a 10-minute walk to the beach, but there is a complimentary shuttle to the sandy shore, as well as the shops, dining and championship golf courses within the surrounding Kapalua Resort. There is a $25 daily resort fee that includes local calls and Wi-Fi.
- "Perched majestically on a knoll above D.T. Fleming Beach, this resort is a complete universe, where you can while away whole weeks without leaving the grounds" -- Frommer's
- "One of Maui's most notable resorts, this elegant hillside property features luxurious service, upscale accommodations, a spa, restaurants, and pool, along with an education center and an enhanced Hawaiian sense of place" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 39 for adults and USD 18 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 150
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 36.46 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Beach access
- Fitness center access
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities will be closed from 21 October 2017 to 19 November 2017 (dates subject to change):
- Children's club