Morrison House, Autograph Collection
Why We Love It
- Named one of the 2013 Top 30 Hotels in the South by Condé Nast Traveler and earned a 2013 World's Best Service Award from Travel + Leisure
- Guests can sip complimentary coffee and tea each morning or sample complimentary local wines in the parlor at night
- Guests can hop aboard a free bike rental and explore the historic area, including the nearby bike-friendly waterfront
- A free round-trip airport shuttle makes travel a breeze
"One of Virginia's finest boutique hotels" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Guests will feel as though they've stepped back in time when they approach the Morrison House, with dual staircases leading to a grand entrance and columns supporting a gorgeous portico. The interior continues the old-world chic vibe, where crystal chandeliers, antique furniture and large fireplaces complete the journey into the Federal Period.
The AAA Four Diamond guest rooms contain large, four-poster beds, armoires and marble bathrooms, and guests can opt to order a wide variety of spa treatments and services right to their rooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available, perfect for making reservations at nearby restaurants or planning a trip using one of the free bikes available on-site.
The on-site restaurant is a favorite with locals and tourists alike. Helmed by Executive Chef Robert Ulrich, the Morrison House Grille features local, organic cuisine, including free-range chicken and wild game. Afterward dinner, guests can mosey into the parlor for free wine.
- "One of Virginia's finest boutique hotels" -- Frommer's
- "Great food at the Grille restaurant" -- Jetsetter
- "Lovely artwork, luxurious lounging spaces, and top-notch dining facilities" -- Gayot.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95-12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 29.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.