Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Why We Love It
- $129-$159 per night ... Sundays-Thursdays through Dec. 23, a savings of 50% vs. weekends
- One of the liveliest pool scenes in the desert
- Hosts live DJs during the day and night
- Offers hammocks and fire pits plus a stargazing deck
- Dog-friendly, complete with a dog park
“Hipster hangout” – Lonely Planet
Rooms & Rates
Hipsters flock to the Ace Hotel for its retro vibe and upbeat atmosphere. Occupying a former Howard Johnson, it has kept a bohemian aesthetic, with details like throw rugs, vintage furniture, a photo booth and canvas-draped walls.
The rooms veer on the minimalist side but come equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi. Select rooms also have record players and vinyls, in keeping with the ’60s theme.
One of the biggest draws for the young crowd is the lively pool scene, which gets particularly rowdy on the weekends, when it features DJs and the drinks flow aplenty.
The amped-up energy continues well into the night at the Amigo Room, which serves artisanal drinks alongside DJs, comedians and live bands. Late-night bites, along with breakfast, lunch and dinner, can be ordered at the on-site diner, a former Denny’s.
The hotel offers several options for unwinding, including hammocks, a stargazing deck, fire pits, a gym and a spa, but it is nonetheless geared toward those who like to party. Four-legged friends are also welcome (for an additional fee) and there is even a dog park on the hotel’s grounds.
An eight-minute walk from the property is Moorten Botanical Garden, a cactus garden dating back to the 1930s.
- “Take a trip back to the 1960s at the Ace” – Fodor’s
- “Earth-friendly renovations with recycled materials transformed the 1960s-era hotel into a bohemian-themed resort” – Travel + Leisure
- “Palm Springs goes Hollywood – with all the sass, but sans the attitude – at this former Howard Johnson motel turned hipster hangout” – Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 22.00 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 34.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Self parking
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.