Sir Albert Hotel
Why We Love It
- The hotel is located in the trendy De Pijp district, alongside popular restaurants, boutiques, galleries and bars
- It's within 15 minutes' walk of many of Amsterdam's most popular attractions, including the Rijksmuseum and Vondelpark
- This red-brick hotel started life as a diamond factory
- Guests in Sir Deluxe rooms can borrow iPads to use throughout their stay
"A very refined hotel" -- Condé Nast Traveller
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
"Few cities meld history with modern urban flair like Amsterdam", according to Lonely Planet, and the Sir Albert Hotel -- a red-brick property that started life as a 19th-century diamond factory -- perfectly personifies this city and its talent for mixing the old with the new.
The Sir Albert Hotel is in the De Pijp district, which is just south of the city centre. It is home to many boutiques, galleries and bars, and "is choked with well-priced restaurants producing cooking from every nationality across the globe", says Frommer's. However, some of Amsterdam's mainstream tourist attractions, including the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum and Vondelpark, are within 15 minutes' walk. Bikes are also available at the hotel to hire, with discounts for multiple days.
Chefs at the hotel's Japanese restaurant IZAKAYA Asian Kitchen & Bar cook on a traditional Japanese robata grill in an open kitchen. However, if you want to dine here you'll have to book in advance, because, as The New York Times warns, this restaurant is "wildly popular". The hotel's study has a fireplace, leather reading chairs and a chess set.
The Daily Telegraph describes the bedrooms as "quietly modern" and "spacious for Amsterdam". Each one has a flat-screen television, an iPod docking station, a mini bar, an espresso maker and a tea tray. Guests in Sir Deluxe rooms can also borrow iPads to use throughout their stay. Wi-Fi is free.
- "Housed in a converted diamond factory, and decorated with careful contemporary taste, the Sir Albert offers a reposeful retreat" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "A well-situated hybrid of new and old Amsterdam offers cosmopolitan hipness with surprising warmth and a sense of humour" -- The New York Times
- "If Sir Albert were a real-life gent, he'd wear a dapper 3-piece suit and sport a distinguished moustache" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "When the Sir Albert Hotel opened... it cemented De Pijp as Amsterdam's coolest neighbourhood… [the restaurant] is the best in town" -- Stylist
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 1 and under. There is no extra bed available for older children and adults.
No pets allowed.
City tax not included in the total price: 5%, payable at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Car parking is charged at 35€ per day. Valet parking is off site and car needs to be requested at least two hours before departure.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(11 Member Ratings)