Why We Love It
- Luxurious, elegantly designed interiors evoke its historic surroundings
- Splurge on legendary desserts at the Peninsula Grill, a stylish on-site restaurant with a southern garden atmosphere
- Step out the front doors to explore Charleston City Market -- one of America's oldest and most refined
- Each room's marble bathroom comes with custom toiletries only available at the hotel
"Opulent enclave of colonial charm" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Luxurious and historic, the Planters Inn in Charleston is at once an inviting home base for exploring the iconic city and a place to unwind and relax.
Guestrooms at this hotel are appointed with bright and rich yet understated interiors that mirror the colonial surroundings. The furniture in each room is even designed to fit in with the history of the region. Guestrooms also have marble bathrooms and exclusive hotel-only bath amenities.
Start each day with complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby before stepping out into the charming city. Turndown service includes extras like complimentary coffee and fresh-baked cookies. Just outside the hotel is the Charleston City Market -- one of the country's oldest -- where guests can pick up traditional handicrafts, locally grown tea and rice, and other unique gifts.
- "Part of the Relais & Châteaux group, this boutique property with well-appointed and beautifully maintained rooms is a stately sanctuary amid the bustle of Charleston's Market" -- Fodor's
- "Staying at the Planters Inn is akin to an overnight with well-to-do friends in their old Charleston mansion" -- Travel + Leisure
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per day (in/out privileges)