£139 – 2-nt Somerset country house stay inc bubbly, 46% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Two-night stays at Combe House Hotel in the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty are now £139. This deal saves up to 46% on the usual price.
- Two nights' accommodation for two in a Classic Double/Twin Room
- Daily full English breakfast (worth £8 per person, per day)
- A glass of prosecco on arrival (worth £6 per person)
- It's £195 for a 2-night stay, with daily full English breakfast, a glass of prosecco on arrival and a 2-course dinner on the first night (worth up to £30 per person; there is a £5 supplement on steak dishes) -- members arriving on a Sunday will get a 3-course Sunday lunch instead of dinner (available 12:30-7:30pm and worth £21.50 per person)
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £10 per night
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is in a wooded valley in an area that has red deer, wild ponies and even an extinct volcano
- William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge both lived nearby and were inspired by the landscape surrounding the hotel
- Dunster Castle and Exmoor National Park are both less than 30 minutes' drive away
- The Grade I-listed ruins of Glastonbury Abbey, and Tiverton Castle, a 17th-century country house, are less than an hour away by car
Combe House Hotel is a privately owned country house hotel in Somerset's Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Hidden away in a wooded valley, this boutique property has 17 individually styled bedrooms and a cosy cottage feel.
Located in the village of Holford, the hotel is around 30 minutes' drive from Taunton, Bridgwater and Minehead. Dunster Castle, a former motte and bailey castle that's now a grand country house, and Exmoor National Park are also half an hour's drive away, while Tiverton Castle, Glastonbury Abbey and the seaside town of Weston-super-Mare are within an hour's drive.
Wookey Hole Caves -- an extensive network of limestone caves that is noted for the legend of the Witch of Wookey Hole -- is just over an hour's drive away.
The Woodland Hill circular walk passes right by the hotel. It will take you through open heathland and offers impressive views of the Somerset Levels, the Mendip Hills, the Bristol Channel and the Brecon Beacons.
The on-site restaurant and bar use produce from local suppliers, from Somerset cider to artisan cheese.
Superior Rooms are more spacious than Classic Rooms and have garden views. Wi-Fi is free in public areas or you can pay £2.50 per day for in-room access.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 2 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra guests aged 3 and over can be accommodated in the Superior Double/Twin rooms only and will be charged at £20 per night, per person. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking.
Cot available upon request, for children 2 or under: £10 per night.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
Breakfast is included.
Extra guests aged 3 and over can be accommodated in the Superior Double/Twin rooms only and will be charged at £20 per night, per person. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per day.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Wheelchair access may be limited in some parts of the hotel. Please check before booking.
up to 46% off
£70 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(27 Member Ratings)